- The date for the Gilt City Warehouse Sale is set for April 25 and 26—but in order to ravage those racks, you’ll need to buy a ticket first. Those went on sale yesterday, and can be purchased at giltcity.com/Chicago. The sale will include apparel, shoes, bags, accessories and home goods from brands like Zac Posen, Carolina Herrera, Vera Wang, Missoni, Pour La Victoire, and Cynthia Rowley, marked up to 90 percent off.
- Wicker Park boutiques Eskell, Una Mae’s, Penelope’s, Asrai Garden, and more are joining forces to put together Cheap Thrills, a local boutique and designer warehouse sale. Find huge markdowns this weekend, April 12 and 13 at Mazi Dance Fitness Center (1564 N. Damen Ave., 3rd floor).
- Collectors and craft-fair fanatics, this sale is for you. More than 120 undergraduate and grad students will exhibit and sell their work this weekend at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago’s 14th annual Spring Art Sale. Free to the public, the sale will include one-of-a-kind items from nearly every discipline: photographs, paintings, sculptures, ceramics, prints and drawings, jewelry, and fashion accessories. The price range is anywhere from under $5 to more than $2,000. Find the sale at the SAIC Ballroom (112 S. Michigan Ave.) on Friday, April 11 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, April 12 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Ravenswood gift shop Hazel (1902 W. Montrose Ave., 773-769-2227, hazelchicago.com) is holding a vintage trunk show on Saturday, April 12 with collector Alex Van Slyke. Shop vintage jewelry, clothing, bowties, and bags from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- In Roscoe Village, women’s boutiques Hubba-Hubba (2040 W. Roscoe St., 773-477-1414, hubbahubbachicago.com) and Glam To Go (2002 W. Roscoe St., 773-525-7004, glamtogo.com) are hosting a Spring Fling event tomorrow. Stop by either store Wednesday, April 9 for 20 percent off and a gift with purchase.
- Custom online menswear line Indochino is bringing its “Traveling Tailor” to Block Thirty Seven (108 North State Street) from April 10 to 27. Guys can book a 30-minute appointment to get fitted for a custom suit ($449 and up) and will receive a free shirt (up to $169 value) with suit purchase.
- Luxaby Baby & Child (59 E. Oak St., 312-280-7905, luxabybaby.com) hosts a trunk show with Rachel Riley on Friday, April 11 and Saturday, April 12. The London-based designer will be at the store and her entire spring collection will be available for shoppers, as well as a preview of her new Fall/Winter 2014 collection.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago