Top Sale this Week
If you’re itching to revamp your wardrobe for spring, you won’t want to miss Clever Alice’s spring pop-up sample sale (17 E. Pearson St.), which runs from April 15 to 20. Thirty brands will sell their spring collections at up to 75 percent off current retail. Some first-time participants include Jordan Louis NY, National Picnic, Nomadic Theory, Line Dry, and College Camp, while tried-and-true favorites, such as Porto, Cigno Nero, Inizio, Allison Collection, Mickey and Jenny, and Anna Hovet will be there, too.
Stop by daily from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., except for Sunday the 19th, when hours will be shortened to noon to 5 p.m.
The Best of the Rest
- This Saturday in Logan Square, some of the city’s best indie boutiques will team up for the annual multi-boutique/designer warehouse sale. Stop by the Logan Emporium (2363 N. Milwaukee Ave., emporiumchicago.com/logan-square) from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. to shop deals from Penelope’s, Moon Voyage, Kokorokoko, Heart & Hunger Vintage, Eskell, and many more.
- Need a haircut? All of Civello’s Chicago locations (civello.com/chicago) are hosting a Cut-a-thon on Monday, April 13, from 4 to 8 p.m., during which all proceeds will be donated to the Alliance of Great Lakes. Did we mention that blowouts will run a mere $15?
- The spring collection from Elizabeth and James (yes, that’s the Olsen twins’ contemporary women’s label) has arrived at Krista K (3458 N. Southport Ave., kristak.com). Get on it.
- Speaking of arrivals, Torrid (torrid.com)—the fastest-growing plus-sized brand in the U.S.—just opened its flagship store at 7 North State Street. The 3,000-square-foot store is Torrid’s tenth in Chicago.
- Snag a ticket for the grand opening celebration for DreamHome, a one-stop shop for total design inspiration. The party happens April 16 from 6 to 8 p.m. on the first floor of the Merchandise Mart. Tickets are $75, and include hors d’oeuvres, cocktails, musical entertainment, and a chance to see six wonderfully designed homes before the space opens to the public. Proceeds benefit Almost Home Kids.
- At the Armani outlet (1650 Premium Outlets Blvd., Aurora, premiumoutlets.com), men’s suits from Armani Collezioni are on sale for $699 (regularly $1,950) and women’s new spring arrivals are priced at 60 percent off.
1 month ago
1 month ago