Top Sale this Week
You know you’ve always wanted to own a piece of Continental furniture that once resided in Oprah Winfrey’s Water Tower apartment. Even better, what about a Royal Copenhagen Flora Danica tea service, the better to impress your friends with? Or a Russian Parcel Gilt Simulated Burlwood Gueridon (spoiler alert: It’s a side table)?
The latest Leslie Hindman auction is comprised of over 500 lots of Oprah Winfrey’s property, mostly from her Water Tower apartment, and will take place April 25 at the auctioneer’s Chicago saleroom (1338 W. Lake St., lesliehindman.com). (The public preview is open now until the actual event on the 25th.) Proceeds from the auction will go to the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy Foundation. Oh, she’s also selling her Chanel watch and Jil Sander sunglasses. Being a little bit more like Oprah has never been such a possibility.
The Best of the Rest
- Getting that summer workout bug? Flywheel to the rescue! The spin (and barre) studio’s challenge series, kicking off April 20, consists of three four-week fitness segments designed to gracefully whip you into summer shape. The Flywheel Challenge, the FlyBarre Challenge, and the FlyPlus Challenge are all comprised of four classes per week, for 16 classes total, and will include a kick-off event and a closing party. You’ll also be assigned a coach who will email you weekly and be available for any questions, concerns, or last-minute pep talks. Flywheel has two locations, one in the Loop and one in Old Town.
- Local designer Anna Hovet is throwing open her studio (2000 W. Carroll Ave., #302, annahovet.com) on Saturday from 1 to 4 p.m. for a spring shopping party. Stop by for wine ,a glimpse of her spring collection, and $10 to $40 samples.
- Hubba Hubba (2040 W. Roscoe St., hubbahubbachicago.com) is moving, and their inventory—excluding new arrivals—is currently going for up to 75 percent off. Stop by and stock up now through April 25, before the store relocates to Wilmette.
- This afternoon, from 2 to 4 p.m., Diana Vreeland’s grandson and founder of Diana Vreeland Parfums, Alexander Vreeland, makes a personal appearance at Neiman Marcus (737 N. Michigan Ave., first floor, neimanmarcus.com). He’ll chat about the line’s latest fragrance—Smashingly Brilliant—inspired by Diana’s travels to Capri. Ahh, the good life.
- If you love one-of-a-kind fashion, you should definitely attend this weekend’s Artwear Unlimited trunk show, April 21 to 23. You’ll find 40 artists from across the country (including locals NanC Meinhardt, Laurie Danch, and Takara), selling handcrafted clothing, accessories, and jewelry. The show takes place at Lakeside Congregation (1221 Lake Cook Rd., Highland Park, artwearunlimited.com) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. next Tuesday and Wednesday and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. next Thursday.
- Le Remède-Waxing & French Skincare Boutique (1900 W. Chicago Ave., leremedechicago.com) celebrates its second anniversary on Sunday. Stop by from 5 to 8 p.m. for $15 mini manicures, free eyebrow waxing, champagne, snacks, and 20 percent off all retail items.
- Tonight, theWit (201 N. State St., 27th floor, thewithotel.com) hosts its popular ROOF Runway series featuring The Shops at North Bridge and Fashion Outlets of Chicago. RSVP to 312-239-9552 for express entry. Doors open at 4 p.m.; runway starts at 7 p.m.
- BloOuts Blow Dry Bar (895½ Green Bay Rd., Winnetka, bloouts.com) recently opened its second location in the town’s Hubbard Woods Business District. To celebrate, the salon is offering $28 BloOuts (at that location only) through Saturday, April 18. Head to their website to reserve your spot.
- The Dose Market girls were invited by the City of Chicago to curate the marketplace for the first annual Lake FX Summit, and it’s happening this Sunday. Stop by GAR Hall in the Chicago Cultural Center (78 E. Washington St., dosemarket.com) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. to shop goodies from 60 fabulous indie sellers.
2 months ago
2 months ago