Top Sale this Week
Can’t get enough of all things gold and glittering? Meet Italian jeweler Marco Bicego next Wednesday, May 6, at Neiman Marcus (737 N. Michigan Ave., neimanmarcus.com). He’ll appear in-store from 2 to 4 p.m. to present his latest collections, which blend old-world Italian vibes with modern shapes. Think ropey gold necklaces, burnished circular earrings, and other baubles fit for a principessa, hand-engraved by second-generation craftsmen in Vicenza.
The Best of the Rest
- Comfort Me’s Lincoln Park location (701 W. Armitage Ave., comfortmeboutique.com) is closing: one owner is leaving to start a personal styling business (cochicstyling.com), while the other will head up the store’s second location in Hyde Park. Stop by the Lincoln Park store for 25 to 75 percent off all merchandise.
- There are a few tickets left for tonight’s bauble-themed lecture and reception with famed jewelry designer and collector Neil Lane at the Driehaus Museum (40 E. Erie St., driehausmuseum.org). The event starts at 6 p.m., and tickets are $45.
- Get savings on savings on savings by signing up for Chicago Premium Outlets’ VIP Shopper Club (1650 Premium Outlets Blvd., Aurora, premiumoutlets.com), and then hitting up the VIP shopper blowout event this Saturday and Sunday. Register online at premiumoutlets.com/VIP, then visit the “exclusive online coupons” page. Participating stores include Ann Taylor Factory Store, Banana Republic Factory Store, Calvin Klein, J.Crew, Le Creuset, Michael Kors, Tommy Hilfiger, and more.
- Cult favorite facialist Leah Chavie (2457 N. Halsted St., leahchavie.com) has whipped up two new cocktail-themed facials just in time for Cinco de Mayo. Try the Strawberry Daiquiri facial or the Citrus Lime Margarita facial (both 50 minutes) from May 2 to 8.
- Now through May 3, Update Interiors (122 N. Marion St., Oak Park, updateinteriors.com) is throwing a Spring Clean Your Décor sale, offering 20 percent off select pieces. Get your spring-cleaning done and then buy yourself a new ottoman!
- If someone you know has just had a beautiful baby girl, stop by The Red Balloon Co. (theredballoon.com for locations) for the cutest little sale of all time: 25 percent off infant girl dresses and separates. Sale ends May 3.
- Elements Chicago (741 N. Wells St., elementschicago.com) is throwing a Freida Rothman trunk show this Friday and Saturday. Stop by for wine and sweet bites, and to gape at the jewelry.
- SAIC celebrates the next generation of “daring designers” on Friday, May 8 at Chase Promenade North in Millennium Park. There will be three multimedia fashion shows and a fashion show gala benefit at night to support student scholarships. Tickets to the 9 a.m. dress rehearsal are $40; tickets to the noon and 3 p.m. shows are $75; and tickets to the gala, featuring The Dolls and Claudia Hart, are $500.
- On Friday, Milk Handmade (5137 N. Clark St., milkhandmade.com) turns three. Stop by from 6 to 9 p.m. for mini manicures, custom jewelry made on-the-spot by Michelle Starbuck, and cocktails by KOVAL spirits.
2 weeks ago
4 weeks ago