Top Sale this Week
If you’ve always wanted to experience Gwyneth Paltrow’s “digital lifestyle brand” goop offline, you’re in luck: The line is coming to Chicago for a pop-up installation at the Waldorf Astoria (11 E. Walton St., goop.com), from this Saturday through May 10. The shop, which was created in collaboration with Chicago designer Kara Mann, will stock items exclusive to the Chicago market. Browse fashion from Paltrow’s favorite designers, such as 3.1 Phillip Lim and Stella McCartney, and experience the pillars of goop—“go,” “be,” “do,” “make,” and “get”—in an “immersive, interactive setting.” Dressing up like your favorite Paltrow character (Margot Tenenbaum!) not required.
The Best of the Rest
- For the businesswoman who has it all, Manicube—a service that brings manicurists straight to your office—has just expanded its Chicago offerings to include gel manicure services (and quickie gel removals). Book an appointment and then convince your boss that she should subsidize the service for happier employees and increased productivity.
- Patagonia wants you to take care of your clothes. Seriously. Their Worn Wear Tour, designed to encourage customers to keep their clothes functional for as long as possible, is stopping in Chicago this Sunday at Patagonia Lincoln Park (1800 N. Clybourn Ave., patagonia.com). Bring in your ripped jeans, broken zippers, and missing buttons to get a free repair from The Worn Wear Wagon, regardless of brand. It’s better for the earth this way, man!
- Ladies and gentlemen, this Saturday and Sunday, the Randolph Street Market hits again (1340 W. Washington St., randolphstreetmarket.com). Drop by from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. to check out over 100 vintage vendors, indie designers, global goods, and naturally, snacks.
- Since April’s still frighteningly cold, hot tea is still sounding pretty comforting. Until the end of the month, the adorable teakettles of Le Creuset are 35 percent off at the brand’s outlet store (1650 Premium Outlets Blvd., Aurora, premiumoutlets.com).
- If you’re one of those ultra-cool Rag and Bone fans flitting around the city in swanky jeans and oversized black tees, you can’t miss the brand’s trunk show at Krista K Boutique (3458 N. Southport Ave., kristak.com). Expect ready-to-wear, denim, shoes, and handbags from the brand’s spring and pre-fall collections. The show takes place now through April 30.
- Conscientious shoppers will love Paper Moon Pastry’s ninth seasonal Vortex Market, taking place Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (3519 W. Fullerton Ave., facebook.com/monthlyveganmarket). Shop cruelty-free goods from Bitter Betty Bath, Imaginary Girl Jewelry & Vintage, and other quirky vendors, while eating vegan treats, sipping from the Bloody Mary bar, and jamming out to DJ Veganinblack.
- Real antique lovers know that finding the perfect chaise lounge often requires a little road trip. The Gurnee Antique Market (5742 Northridge Dr., Gurnee, gurneeantiquemarket.com) is under new ownership and hosting a spring sale Friday through Sunday. The event will include 100 antique dealers and 21,000 square feet of delightfully strange, mysterious antiques at up to 35 percent off.
2 weeks ago
4 weeks ago