- Over 40 Midwest artisans sell holiday gifts at the Revolution Craft Show (Revolution Brewery, 3340 N. Kedzie Ave., 773-588-2267, revbrew.com) in Avondale on Sunday from noon to 6 p.m. Don’t like crafty crafts? There’s always craft beer.
- Custom perfumer Body Chemistri has set up a holiday pop-up store in Andersonville at 5416 North Clark Street. The shop houses a custom fragrance bar (for both women and men) stocked with botanicals, essential oils, and floral waters to create your signature scent. Spritz and sniff from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., six days a week (closed Tuesdays) through January 5.
- LOFT, the latest retailer to join Roosevelt Collection (150 W. Roosevelt Rd.) in the South Loop, celebrates its opening with a holiday date night event tomorrow from 6 to 9 p.m. Hosted by media mavens and bloggers Samantha Saifer Berngard and Liz Schneider, Check Please host Catherine De Orio, and mixologist Revae Schneider, shoppers score giveaways, hairstyles, and mini-makeovers and are treated to spiked apple cider and seasonal snacks. An RSVP is requested to RSVP@glossedandfound.com.
- If you dazzle in deep plums and shimmering golds, you’ll adore Cynthia Rowley Beauty. The designer has collaborated with Birchbox to create a beauty line, and tomorrow night, makeup artists will apply smoky eye touch-ups to shoppers at the Cynthia Rowley (1653 N. Damen Ave., 773-276-9209, cynthiarowley.com) store in Bucktown. Plus, take 20 percent off your entire purchase and a snag Birchbox gift with a $100 purchase. RSVP to email@example.com.
- Le Dress (1741 W. Division, 773-697-9855, ledressshop.com) hosts a “Bubbles, Baubles, and Bags” trunk show on Thursday from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. with local designers Kate Martin Jewelry and Pine & Plastic handbags. Grab a glass of Champagne while you peruse.
- At the second-annual Chicago Art Girls Holiday Pop-Up Shop, an all-female group of artists selling one-of-a-kind, handmade, affordable gifts sets up shop at the Pulaski Park Fieldhouse (1419 W. Blackhawk St.) Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Find locally made jewelry, quirky tees, Chicago-themed housewares, and more.
- Travel + Leisure breezes through the Gold Coast this weekend with its Hot Spot Travel Tech Pop-Up at the Thompson Chicago (21 E. Bellevue Pl.). Open Friday through Sunday, the shop showcases tech-savvy gifts for travel-lovers, including lightweight laptops and cameras with built-in Wi-Fi.
2 weeks ago
4 weeks ago