Niche Fragrances Delivered to Your Front Door
The first time you meet someone wearing “your” signature scent, it’s a bit of a shock. Of all the top notes in the world, your unique preference for lemongrass is just the same! Then it happens again. This time, it’s at work. Then again in the locker room. However pleasing this scent once was to you, it’s lost its allure.
When you purchase mass-produced fragrances from a beauty counter, this is bound to happen: Chicagoan Tara Swords is determined to change that. She launched a fragrance delivery service, Olfactif, to introduce men and women to three niche fragrances every month. Swords is emphatic that the scents are unisex (and don’t let the perfume industry let you think otherwise). A subscription costs $18 per month (which can be used as a credit towards purchasing a full-sized bottle, if you choose) and includes three 2.25-milliliter glass vials shipped to your door.
Top Sales This Week
Lillstreet Art Center’s Late Night Shopping and Whiskey Tasting
Procrastinators, your 11th-hour shopping habit is being rewarded this year. This boozy nighttime market in Ravenswood is a Christmas miracle. Read more …
The Best of the Rest
- Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa doles out complimentary services this week to celebrate the opening of its pop-up spa in Willis Tower (233 S. Wacker Dr., Lobby Level). Through Friday, stop by for gratis chair massages and mini manicures from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and makeup applications and blowouts from 3 to 6 p.m. The pop-up will also be stocked with last-minute giftables such as skincare sets and gift cards.
- Celebrity jewelry designer Alex Woo, known for her initial charm necklaces, meets shoppers and signs pieces at Nordstrom (55 E. Grand Ave.) on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Women’s boutique Sofia (100 E. Walton St., 312-640-0878, sofialivelovely.com) is in the midst of its 12 Days of Holiday sale, offering a new discount every day through December 24. Today, all sweaters and coats are 15 percent off. Find the discount of the day on the store’s Facebook page.
- Friday marks the start of the Jayson Home (1885 N. Clybourn Ave., 773-248-8180, jaysonhome.com) twice-yearly Floor Model + More sale. Savings reach up to 60 percent on sofas, chairs, tables, accessories (including holiday), pillows, and more.
- Luxury children’s boutique Luxaby Baby & Child (59 E. Oak St., luxabybaby.com) hosts a 12 Days of Christmas sale with new discounts every day this week. Stop by tomorrow from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. for a Monica + Andy trunk show, plus a gingerbread house, complimentary gingerbread cookies, IZZE sodas, and organic juices.
1 week ago
1 week ago