Remi Canarie Debuts its SS14 Collection in Old Town
Liz Patelski and Lisa Panza of Remi Canarie caught our eye last year, when the SAIC alums launched their debut collection. While we swooned over the masculine-meets-feminine boyfriend trousers paired with silk blouses, the only way to purchase said pieces was by emailing the designers directly.
No more—Remi Canarie just launched its spring/summer collection and it's now available exclusively at Roam (1419 N. Wells St., 312-664-2222) in Old Town, and most of the pieces run between $290 and $725.
The SS14 collection feels young and fresh, with crisp whites playing off emerald greens and pale blues. Patelski and Panza say they wanted this collection to include more night and work options, so you'll find lots of dresses along with knits and blazers—but all with an edgy, slightly masculine feel. “Our brand is inspired by the blind confidence of youth, and this coming collection delves deeper into that youthfulness and vibrant spirit,” Patelski says.
Top Sales This Week
Burberry Opens an Outlet Store Near Chicago
It’s British, it’s plaid, and it’s up to a third off retail at the Fashion Outlets in Rosemont. Read more.
Everything at Leahey & Ladue Consignment Is Half Off
After a long run in the Gold Coast, these two independent boutiques are done. But before leaving Oak Street for good, they’re going out with a big sale. Read more.
The Best of the Rest
- Lake View women’s boutique Krista K (3458 N. Southport Ave., 773-248-1967, kristak.com) is holding an end of season sale, and the markdowns are huge. We’re talking apparel by Halston Heritage, Splendid and 10 Crosby by Derek Lam priced under $50. Shop the sale in-store or online.
- Wicker Park boutique Penelope’s (1913 W. Division St., 773-395-2351, shoppenelopes.com) has put final markdowns on its fall and winter apparel this week. Shop in-store or online for 40 to 80 percent off men’s and women’s styles by Sessun, Dolce Vita, Won Hundred and more.
- Designer Kate Brierley of Isoude will make a personal appearance at Neapolitan Collection (715 Elm St., Winnetka; 847-441-7784, neapolitanonline.com) during a trunk show this weekend, February 20–22.
- On Saturday, February 22 from 1 to 5 p.m., Bucktown boutique Edith Hart (1917 N. Damen Ave., 773-252-3350, edithhart.com) is hosting a Makeup for the Museum event to benefit The Children’s Museum. Come enjoy champagne, hors d’oeuvres, makeup and hairstyling at the store.
- The Denim Lounge (43 E.Oak St.; 312-642-6403, thedenimlounge.com) continues its Leaving Oak Street Sale, and most items are 40 to 90 percent off. The selection is still good—the store just added 140 new pairs of jeans for women, 38 new denim styles for guys, and 42 new pairs of children’s True Religion jeans, all on sale.