Top Sale this Week
You know how when someone’s perfume of choice is a cult fragrance, you just automatically respect them more? Now you or your man can be that cool, elusive scent-wearer, because Q Brothers (4718 N. Lincoln Ave., qbrothers.com) is hosting a Tauer Perfumes trunk show on Saturday from 12 to 4 p.m.
Q Brothers is the only Chicago carrier of the Switzerland-based perfume brand. Normally, the store stocks only eight of the company’s fragrances, but on Saturday, all 17 will be available—in limited quantities, of course. Gotta keep the masses guessing.
The Best of the Rest
- George the Salon has closed its location on Hubbard Street only to open up a new space on the corner of Oak and Rush (945 N. Rush St., georgethesalon.com). Along with a full range of hair service offerings, the new location offers facials and waxing.
- Engaged and feeling granola? Stop by the Green Wedding Alliance (2545 W. Diversey Ave., greenweddingalliance.com) on Sunday from noon to 4 p.m. to experience a wedding show full of eco-minded Chicago vendors. Expect free food, drinks, and desserts, plus DIY crafts and tips for making your special day a little greener.
- RSVP Gallery (1753 N. Damen Ave., rsvpgallery.com) now carries Givenchy’s S/S ’15 line. Bam! It’s available in-store or by calling 773-770-6666.
- Local designer Kate Boggiano (kateboggiano.com) is closing down her site to focus on new mom-hood and a career in fitness. Get 50 percent off all inventory with code GOODBYE before the site goes dark on February 27. All sales are final.
- Penelope’s (1913 W. Division St., shoppenelopes.com) is thinking spring, offering 50 to 70 percent off most fall and winter styles. Shop in-store or check out the website.
- Want to check out the Chicago Premium Outlets (1650 Premium Outlet Blvd., Aurora, premiumoutlets.com) but reluctant to trek to Aurora? From now until March 1, the outlets are offering a free shuttle service on Saturdays and Sundays to and from Union Station. Book at pontarelliischicago.com/chicago-bus-tours and in honor of the Chinese New Year, use the code SHEEP to ride for free.
- Wedding fashion can include so much more than the gown. Stop by the Laura Jayne Bridal Accessories Trunk Show, from February 21 to 26 at The Left Bank (1155 W. Webster Ave., leftbankjewelry.com) to shop “everything but the dress”—that’s veils, headpieces, sashes, jewelry, and more. Appointments are recommended; call 773-929-7422 or e-mail email@example.com.
5 days ago
3 weeks ago