Top Sale this Week
It’s almost President’s Day weekend, and what better way to celebrate being an American than by going on a good old-fashioned tax-free shopping spree? The 900 North Michigan Shops (shop900.com) are hosting the seventh-annual Tax-Free Weekend event from Saturday through Monday. More than 40 retailers will offer a 9.25 percent discount on their wares (equivalent to Cook County’s sales tax).
Participating shops include J. Crew, Kate Spade New York, Michael Kors, Club Monaco, and more. Plus, the self-park garage is only $10 for all-day parking during the sale (make sure to validate your ticket).
The Best of the Rest
- Why does classic style endure? Break it down tonight at a private shopping event at St. John Boutique (919 N. Michigan Ave., discoverstjohn.com), where “exceptional women” will converse about style and what it all means. Twenty percent of the night’s proceeds go to Lookingglass Theater Company. RSVP to SJK@hlgrp.com, or just show up.
- The Fashion Outlets of Chicago (5220 Fashion Outlets Way, Rosemont, fashionoutletsofchicago.com) are throwing a massive President’s Day sale tomorrow though Monday. Over 130 stores will discount items up to 75 percent.
- As Richard III once said, “Now is the winter of our nesting instincts.” Put those instincts to good use at WPA Chicago’s winter floor sample sale (314 W. Superior St., wpachicago.com). You’ll find fuzzy chairs and cozy couches for up to 75 percent off. Stop by tomorrow or Monday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., or Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Red Balloon is celebrating a soft opening at its new shop (3651 N. Southport Ave., theredballoon.com) on Valentine’s Day! Bring your kids for stories and crafts (2 p.m.), a cookie station, a Valentine-making station, and plenty of those namesake red balloons.
- Both Merz Apothcary (4716 N. Lincoln Ave., merzapothecary.com) and Q Brothers (4718 N. Lincoln Ave., qbrothers.com) are based in Lincoln Square and situated on Lincoln Avenue, so celebrating Abraham Lincoln’s birthday together just makes sense. Both stores will be open till 8 p.m. tonight to celebrate the bearded president’s birth; stop by and shop for beard and mustache grooming products, fragrances for men and women, and more. Plus, they’re offering free tastings of Urban Moonshine’s Chocolate Love Tonic to “help get you in the mood to emancipate your heart.”
- This weekend, Chicago’s favorite indie market, Dose (dosemarket.com), treks to Skokie, where from Friday through Sunday, the market takes over The Cube at Westfield Old Orchard (4999 Old Orchard Center, Skokie, westfield.com/oldorchard) and offers residents a cozy, curated pop-up shopping experience.
- Fashionista Chicago and the Dana Hotel and Spa (660 N. State St.) present J’Adore February, a pop-up shop featuring some of the city’s best local designers. Stop by the hotel’s restaurant, Freestyle, tonight for raw bar selections and a specialty cocktail, then shop tomorrow and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and 5:30 p.m., respectively. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oh, and there’s a diamond sale currently going on at Tag Heuer at the Chicago Premium Outlets (1650 Premium Outlet Boulevard, Aurora, premiumoutlets.com) until Monday. Just thought you should know.
2 weeks ago