Tonight at Lula Café in Logan Square, six vintage vendors and Chicago makers will hold a night of shopping called Bazaar Summer. Thrifting can be hit or miss, so when a whole bunch of sellers gather together for one big sale—it’s time to get shopping.
- Calque, an online shop that recycles and alters vintage and thrifted clothing.
- Wicker Park boutique Eskell, which sells vintage clothing along with its own line of apparel and jewelry.
- Chicago accessory label Eye of the Sun, specializing in hair on hide leather handbags.
- Solid State Vintage, a new vintage shop in Pilsen.
- Some Like Us, a vintage clothing, accessories, and home goods vendor.
- Tusk, a Logan Square vintage clothing and objects shop.
Find the free event tonight, June 3 from 7 to 10 p.m. at Lula Café (2537 N. Kedzie Ave., 773-489-9554, lulacafe.com).
The Best of the Rest
- Griffins & Gargoyles Antiques (2140 W. Lawrence Ave., 773-769-1255, griffins-gargoyles.com) is having a Summer Kick-Off Sale. Now until June 30, the shop’s entire collection of antique and vintage furniture, garden elements, and home décor is discounted 20 to 30 percent.
- More than 200 artists from across the country will attend the 57th Street Art Fair (57thstreetartfair.org) in Chicago’s Hyde Park neighborhood this weekend to showcase their original works of glass, jewelry, printmaking, ceramics, and more. Find the fair on Saturday, June 7 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, June 8 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Blues and jazz artists will perform throughout the day and admission is free.
- In the North Shore, 50 renowned antiques dealers will showcase their one-of-a-kind inventory of ceramics, folk and fine art, furniture, jewelry, oriental rugs, and more at the Winnetka Summer Antiques Show (winnetkasummerantiquesshow.com). The show will take place Friday through Sunday, June 6–8 at the Winnetka Ice Arena (490 Hibbard Rd.) and admission is $12, benefitting Lamb’s Farm.
- Pick up an adorable father-son bow tie set created by Bird Dog Bay (birddogbay.com) for Father’s Day. The Chicago-based neckwear brand will be selling exclusive gift sets during a trunk show at Luxaby Baby & Child (59 E. Oak St., 312-280-7905, luxabybaby.com) on Saturday, June 7 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Maurice Sporting Goods (maurice.net) will be discounting sporting equipment and outdoor items up to 70 percent off during its 2nd Annual Warehouse Sale this Thursday through Saturday, June 5–7 in its warehouse located at 1825 Shermer Road in Northbrook, IL.
2 months ago
2 months ago