Top Sale this Week
Looking for a dose of style with your Sunday? This weekend—you guessed it—Dose Market (dosemarket.com) returns, taking over Venue One (1034 W. Randolph St., venueonechicago.com) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. With a summertime theme, the carefully curated market for food and fashion features a lineup of 115 vendors, with goods ranging from 240sweet’s birthday cake marshmallows to new body oils and eye creams from Giselle Wasfie. Tickets, $8, are available online or at the door.
The Best of the Rest
- BucketFeet, the local purveyor of artist-designed footwear, opens a Bucktown studio (1647 N. Damen Ave., bucketfeet.com) today. Stocking kicks for men, women, and children, the shop will also host events such as D.I.Y. art workshops and intimate lectures. Regular hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
- Wright (1440 W. Hubbard St., wright20.com), an auction house that specializes in modern and contemporary design, will host an auction devoted to 20th-century carpets on Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and on Sunday by appointment. With approximately 100 lots, the sale will showcase vintage Moroccan rugs, modern Scandinavian styles, and more. Check out the worldly pieces here.
- Ready for a little more art? The Hinsdale Fine Arts Festival takes place at Burlington Park (30 E. Chestnut Ave., hinsdalechamber.com/pages/FineArtsFestival) on Saturday and Sunday, showcasing items from some 150 vendors. Browse the stalls for ceramics, photography, jewelry, mixed-metal goods, and more; there will also be live music and arts and crafts activities for the little ones. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days.
- Saturday is Global Wellness Day (who knew?) and the Spa at Trump Chicago (401 N. Wabash Ave., trumphotelcollection.com/chicago/chicago-spa-services.php) is celebrating with a slew of exercise classes. The day kicks off with yoga or boot camp at 8 a.m.; then it’s onto cardio dance, strengthening and conditioning, and mini massages. The cost to attend is $75, and that covers a wellness-themed gift bag filled with product samples, a yoga mat, and a $25 gift card to the spa.
- For all the brides-to-be, Jasmine Galleria (2840 S. Highland Ave., Lombard, jasminegalleria.com) is hosting a blowout sale starting today and running through June 22. Shopping is by appointment only, so it’s best to book quickly if you’re looking to save 50 to 80 percent on a gown. More info is available here.
5 days ago
3 weeks ago