Top Sale this Week
Crafters, rejoice. The Renegade Craft Fair hosts a pop-up at the Hideout (1354 W. Wabansia Ave., hideoutchicago.com) on June 27 and 28. Some 140 makers will showcase handcrafted goods, including everything from artisan canoe paddles to all-natural apothecary items. To top it all off, there will be booze, snacks, a free photo booth, workshops, and live music. There is no cover charge, and the event is open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on both days. Find more information—and a handy fair map—here.
The Best of the Rest
- The Randolph Street Market (1340 W. Washington St., randolphstreetmarket.com) returns with a “Pride” theme (in honor of this weekend’s pride parade and festival) on June 27 and 28. This iteration of the urban antiques market will include 250 vendors, plus make-your-own stationery classes, a cabaret-style performance, and a body-painted Statue of Liberty (yes, that’s right). Tickets are available here for $8 or $10 at the door; the market is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days with an early-buy entrance at 8 a.m. on Saturday. Find more details here.
- Putting a healthy spin on happy hour, Yoga Six will host an outdoor yoga party this evening at 6 p.m. at Roosevelt Collection (150 W. Roosevelt Rd., rooseveltcollection.com) After a 60-minute power flow class, there will be DJ-spun tunes and food trucks. And if you get hooked on alfresco savasana, you can make it a regular thing: the event will also take place on July 16 and August 20. Tickets are $23: Sign up here.
- Alternately, you could go straight for the after-work wine. Westfield Old Orchard (4905 Old Orchard Center, Skokie, westfield.com) hosts a “Sip & Shop: Uncorked” event tonight. From 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., 15 of the shopping center’s retailers will offer free wine tasting; there will also be live music and food trucks. Attendees can make a (late) night of it by sticking around for the V.I.P. after-party on the Forage + Craft rooftop. Tickets for the main event are $5; V.I.P. after-party tickets are $25. More information is available here.
- Neiman Marcus (737 N. Michigan Ave., neimanmarcus.com) hosts a trunk show for London-based jewelry brand Stephen Webster in its precious jewels salon on Thursday and Friday. The event will run from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day. For more information, call 312-694-4036.
- Looking for a hostess gift? Porte Rouge (1414 N. Wells St., porterouge.biz) is offering 15 percent off Russian teas from Kusmi through July 4. Gift sets of “brunch” and “afternoon teas” are discounted, and there are also single tins of tea. (By the way, staffers say the teas taste delicious iced.)
- Later this summer, Judy A. Saslow will retire and close her namesake gallery (300 W. Superior St., jsaslowgallery.com) But before then, there are deals to be had. Starting this Friday, prices will be slashed on a large selection of pieces, including tribal artifacts, paintings, and jewelry from around the globe. Find more information here.
1 week ago
3 weeks ago