Top Sale this Week
If you don’t think Elizabeth and James is the coolest brand ever, you clearly haven’t watched the Olsen twins’ iconic film New York Minute enough. (The script is terrible; Mary-Kate and Ashley’s tousled blonde hair is flawless.) This Friday and Saturday, dive into one of the Olsens’ many brands during the Elizabeth and James trunk show at Bloomingdale’s Chicago flagship (900 N. Michigan Ave., bloomingdales.com), from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The brand thrives on duality (some might call it twinship): the Elizabeth side is uptown, feminine, and classy, while the James side is downtown, laidback, and a little more androgynous. Their latest jewelry collection is full of silver alloy and gemstones, and the trunk show will feature pieces that aren’t typically sold in-store.
The Best of the Rest
- Dynamic Salon (1501 W. Chicago Ave., mgofashion.com) is teaming up with Moroccanoil for a March Madness blowdry event tonight from 5 to 8 p.m. Tickets are $35 and include a complimentary treatment and blowdry, or that amount can be used as credit toward a product purchase. You’ll also get appetizers, drinks, samples, and samples.
- Stop by the Innertown Pub (1935 W. Thomas St.) this Sunday from noon to 6 p.m. for the adorably named Bitter Betty Bazaar Boutique Blowout. A selection of West Town boutiques will sell discounted wares, along with jewelry, soaps, candles, cards, and more from local artisans. And did we mention the Bloody Mary bar?! Free.
- Send your favorite poorly dressed man to Paul Stuart’s Made to Measure event, happening now until March 29. At Chicago’s two Paul Stuart locations (Oak Street and the Loop, paulstuart.com), participants receive special prices on made-to-measure clothing, and those who purchase four shirts receive a fifth for free. Sign up for an appointment here.
- Tall ladies know that shopping for jeans, skirts, dresses, and oftentimes shoes can be difficult. Thankfully, a British brand that specializes in leggy fashion is throwing a pop-up event at the Westin Chicago Northwest (400 Park Blvd., The Lakeshore Room). Long Tall Sally’s Chicago pop-up shop takes place this Saturday (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and Sunday (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.), and all clothing and footwear is specifically designed for ladies 5’8” and up.
- Local jewelry designer Michelle Starbuck is throwing a 10th anniversary event on Friday from 6 to 10 p.m. Stop by the Cornelia Arts Building (1800 W. Cornelia Ave., #207B, michellestarbuckdesigns.com) to view her gorgeous spring collection and, if you’re one of the first 25 shoppers, take home a gift bag full of treats from her favorite local artisans.
- Take your daughter, niece, or granddaughter to a very special story hour at The Red Balloon Co. (3651 N. Southport Ave., theredballoon.com), where Fancy Nancy from Emerald City Theatre will be on hand for stories and tea Saturday from 2 to 3 p.m. Don’t forget to wear your sparkliest dress.
- Stroll down Southport Avenue this Sunday for Spring Cleaning on Southport. During the event, stores including Click, Dogaholics, M2 Boutique, Mint Julep, and She One will sell select merch for up to 75 percent off. Bring your receipt from a participating business to David’s Tea on Southport and you’ll get a free tea to fuel the rest of your shopping.
3 days ago