Top Sale this Week
This Saturday and Sunday from 1 to 6 p.m., 12 of Chicago’s coolest boutiques are throwing a massive warehouse sale at Mazi Dance Studio (1564 N. Damen Ave., mazidancefitness.com) in Wicker Park. Stores such as Trillium, Moon Voyage, and Milk Handmade are clearing out their inventory, which means you’ll score coats and jeans and dresses and silk tees for a fraction of the cost. There’s menswear, too, from Stock Mfg, Penelope’s, and Study Hall. Did somebody say vintage? Some Like Us has your ’30s ballgown and ’60s Chelsea boot needs covered. No admission fee.
The Best of the Rest
- Gilt City Chicago just launched the Best of Gilt City collection and will add new offers during the next two weeks. Along with food and fitness specials, you’ll find beauty deals like 50 percent off reflexology foot massages at Yamato Foot Massage & Bar, 50 percent off ombré coloring at Arsova Salon, and up to 54 percent off peels, facials, and yes, Botox at the Few Institute for Aesthetic Surgery.
- Summon the spirits of warm weather by stocking up on short sleeves. At the Guess outlet (1650 Premium Outlets Blvd., Aurora, premiumoutlets.com), short sleeve shirts are on sale for $25, while t-shirts are going for just $15, now until April 1.
- Randolph Street Market’s organizers are pretty excited for this weekend’s Spring Fling sale, if the poster they sent out featuring tulips, sassy fonts, AND A RABBIT is any indication. Stop by Plumbers Hall (1340 W. Washington St., randolphstreetmarket.com) this Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. to shop over 100 vendors—new items, antiques, food, the works—and wear a spring bonnet for free admission.
- Two new store openings to know about: Carter’s, a fancy lil’ brand for kids, is now open at the Roosevelt Collection (150 W. Roosevelt Rd., rooseveltcollection.com), while the bright, feminine brand Kensie just opened up an outlet store at Fashion Outlets of Chicago (5220 Fashion Outlets Way, Rosemont, fashionoutletsofchicago.com).
- Do you go crazy for tulip chairs? Ecstatic for Eames? Then you’ll love the sixth-annual Chairs for Charity event tonight at EuroFurniture (2145 W. Grand Ave., eurofurniture.com). Chicago’s top designers have refurbished and redesigned beautiful vintage chairs, which will be auctioned off with proceeds going to Designs for Dignity. Tickets are $35.
- Next Thursday, April 2, from 6:30 to 8 p.m., rental dress retailer The Frock Shop (2150 S. Canalport Ave., frockshopchicago.com) throws a spring-themed fashion show, where you’ll get a sneak peak at upcoming inventory. There will be drinks, appetizers, giveaways, and someone will walk away with a free dress rental. Purchase a ticket (general admission $10) at springinthecity.splashthat.com.
1 day ago
3 weeks ago