Top Sale this Week
Ready to shed your winter skin? The Spa @ theWit (201 N State St., spaatthewit.com) is debuting two green-themed spa services that will be available for the rest of the month. The Zesty Lime Zing Pedi ($50 for 60 minutes) includes a lime-infused foot soak, a lime zest sugar scrub, a lime foot massage, and a warm towel application for your lower legs and feet. Of course, if you don’t go for a green polish afterward, you’re not really embracing this whole spring-rebirth thing.
The Spring Mint Body Wrap ($120 for 50 minutes, plus an optional 25-minute massage for $25 more) sounds like a delicious raw food diet: it starts with a light body brush and is followed with a warm mint body mask that contains ivy, cucumber, and arnica to soothe sore muscles.
The Best of the Rest
- On Wednesday, March 11, Luxury Garage Sale and the Costume Council of the Chicago History Museum will host a special presentation dubbed Luxury Through the Decades (1658 N. Wells St., luxurygaragesale.com). From 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., the Costume Council president will walk the audience through four decades of fashion, with looks pulled from LGS’s vintage and designer archives. The event is free, but RSVP to email@example.com by tomorrow.
- Get a jump on your spring-cleaning at the International Home and Housewares Show, March 7 to 10 at McCormick Place (2301 S. Martin Luther King Dr., housewares.org/show). You’ll find cookware, home design, appliances, and enough organizational and cleaning products to get you excited about tackling your closets once and for all.
- Speaking of coats, is your beloved vintage fur on its last legs? Bring it to Buffalo Exchange (1478 N. Milwaukee Ave., buffaloexchange.com) and donate it to the Coats for Cubs program, which provides bedding to orphaned and injured wildlife. Real fur only, please.
- Urban Style Emporium has moved a few steps away from its original underground Streeterville location to 1 East Delaware Place (urbanstyleemporium.com). Stop by the new location this weekend to check out the sleek lines of their Ivan Grundahl Trunk Show (Grundahl is one of Denmark’s top fashion designers).
- On Saturday, Mignonette Bridal (1747 W. Belmont Ave, mignonettebridal.com) plans to throw a spring garden party for brides-to-be and others obsessed with wedding dresses. In partnership with Lil Epic Events, they’ll curate a selection of Chicago’s most innovative wedding vendors for your perusal. Stop by for sweets, cocktails, a photobooth, and mini-makeovers—all free—and gape at the beautiful gowns, of course. Register in advance here.
- Chicago’s not exactly known for its zillions of lingerie brands, so when someone steps up to the plate, we’ve gotta support them. Piper Marie (etsy.com/shop/PiperMarieDesigns) is an environmentally friendly lingerie brand (think organic hemp and bamboo) that also specializes in breastfeeding garments. In order to expand the line, the brand is running a campaign on Indiegogo to raise $5,000. If you feel so moved, you can donate here.
- Spring is when all the cool kids start wearing polos again, right? If Ralph Lauren’s logo is too mainstream for you, stop by the Tommy Hilfiger store at Chicago Premium Outlets (1650 Premium Outlet Blvd., Aurora, premiumoutlets.com). From now until March 15, all polos and button-down shirts are going for 40 percent off.
5 days ago
1 week ago
1 week ago