- Serious timepiece collectors will want to check out the selection of new and vintage watches at Apartment Number 9 (1804 N. Damen Ave., 773-395-2999). The Bucktown menswear boutique is holding a watch event on Thursday, May 15 from 6 to 9 p.m. with the co-founders of a new luxury timepiece line called ASTOR+BANKS, designed and built in Chicago. Complimentary Old Style and Macallan Scotch Whiskey will be served; RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Makeup artist Bobbi Brown will make a personal appearance at Bloomingdale’s North Michigan Avenue (900 N. Michigan Ave.) on Tuesday, May 20. Sign up for the master class she’s teaching from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. by calling 312-440-4490 ($250, which is redeemable in product) or attend her book signing from 1 to 2 p.m., open to the public.
- Local shoe shop Lori’s is holding an online flash sale right now. Save 20 percent off brands like Jeffrey Cambell and Dolce Vita with code FLASH20 at lorisshoes.com through Wednesday, May 14 at 12 p.m. ET.
- Broadway Antique Market (6130 N. Broadway Ave., 773-743-5444) will discount its stock of art deco vintage jewelry, ’70s fashion, mid-century modern furniture, and home décor objects by 15 to 50 percent. The storewide Spring Cleaning Sale starts Friday, May 16 and runs through Monday, May 26.
- Dose Market holds another spring shopping event at 1st Ward at Chop Shop (2033 W. North Ave.) in Wicker Park on Sunday, May 18. The market runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day, and unlike past markets—entrance is now free.
- More than 18 locally owned businesses in Evanston will hold special sales during Spring Fling, a shopping event on Saturday, May 17. Find out which stores are participating at centralstreet-evanston.com.
3 weeks ago