Top Sale this Week
If you find yourself in a mall on Memorial Day weekend, chances are you’re about to score a deal.
Three of the major outlet malls in the Chicagoland area are throwing Memorial Day weekend sales. At Fashion Outlets of Chicago (5220 Fashion Outlets Way, Rosemont, fashionoutletsofchicago.com), you’ll find deals such as 50 percent off all merchandise at J.Crew and an extra 40 percent off everything at Neiman Marcus Last Call. At Chicago Premium Outlets (1650 Premium Outlets Blvd., Aurora, premiumoutlets.com), most of the center’s 120 brand-name retailers, from Kate Spade to Brooks Brothers, will offer four-day specials, from tomorrow to Monday. And finally, Gurnee Mills (6170 W. Grand Ave., Gurnee, simon.com/mall/gurnee-mills) is offering up sales on top of already existing sales at stores such as Macy’s and Saks Fifth Avenue Off Fifth.
Non-outlet malls also plan to lure shoppers. Now through Monday, check out Lord & Taylor’s sandal sale (20 percent off one pair; 25 percent off two of more pairs) at Woodfield Mall (5 Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg, simon.com/mall/woodfield-mall), or True Religion’s denim sale ($50 off select jeans and shorts) at Water Tower Place (835 N. Michigan Ave., shopwatertower.com).
The Best of the Rest
- Randolph Street Market’s Garden Party (1350 W. Randolph St., randolphstreetmarket.com), held Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., is the monthly flea’s first indoor/outdoor event of the year. Shop over 250 vendors and pause to check out quirky extras, such as body painting, a photo booth, and a disco dance party.
- After 27 years, Ela’s Boutique (281 Waukegan Rd., Northfield) will close its doors on May 31st. Shoppers will find women’s fashion—and 50 percent off all full-priced items.
- Billed by its creators, a trio of fun-loving yogis, as the world’s first “mindful triathlon,” Wanderlust is coming to Chicago on May 30. It consists of a 5K run, a 90-minute yoga class, and a guided meditation, plus musical performances, acroyoga, slacklining, and vegan and vegetarian food. More info and tickets ($65) at wanderlust.com/events.
- The season’s undisputed earring trend is the delicate ear cuff, a diamond-studded crescent that slopes gently up the curve of the ear. Graziela Gems makes a celebrity favorite (seen on Gwen Stefani, Faith Hill, and Julianne Hough)—and the cuffs have just been restocked at Enaz (multiple locations, enaz.com).
- The annual summer sale at Broadway Antique Market (6130 N. Broadway, bamchicago.com), which sells vintage furniture and apparel, kicks off tomorrow and runs through May 31st. Buyers get 15 to 50 percent off all merchandise.
4 weeks ago