Top Sale this Week
On Saturday, browse stylish wares from 30 of Chicago’s top designers in one conveniently located tent at the FashionChicago Designer Shopping event. From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in Millennium Park, you can shop outfits from Anna Hovet, Bird Dog Bay, Bourdage Pearls, K. Amato Designs. Rho Silk, Wulfka, and many more.
The tent is located at 201 East Randolph Street, and admission is free. Want to try before you buy but terrified at the thought of changing under a massive tent full of strangers? Don’t worry, there will be dressing rooms on-site.
The Best of the Rest
- Pagoda Red (pagodared.com) has moved to 400 North Morgan Street, and they’re celebrating on Friday with Cocktails + Curiosities, an event that promises to be as delightful as it sounds. Stop by from 5 to 9 p.m. to check out the new space (and garden!) and have a drink on them.
- Neiman Marcus (737 N. Michigan Ave, neimanmarcus.com) throws its first pop-up shop in collaboration with handbag designer Anya Hindmarch next Wednesday, May 13, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Just in: her spring/summer 2015 collection was inspired by stickers.
- Speaking of firsts, designer Azeeza Khan will have her first warehouse sale this Friday to Sunday, with accessories, couture, and the permanent collection going for up to 90 percent off. The designer is hoping to clear out inventory in order to make room for Fall/Winter 2015 designs, which will be made in Milan and characterized by “a new aesthetic approach.” Stop by Azeeza (900 N. Michigan Ave., azeeza.us) during normal store hours.
- This Sunday’s Dose Market is dedicated to mamas everywhere! Pop by The Allis at Soho House (113 N. Green St.) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for fresh flowers, baubles, home décor, green juices, chocolate, and plenty of mama-worthy fashion.
- George the Salon has teamed up with Tavern on Rush for the month of May, offering ultra-lux ladies nights with ultra-lux raffle prizes. Stop by the Tavern (1031 N. Rush St., tavernonrush.com) every Monday in May for food and drink specials and a chance to win a bottle of Dom Perignon, a $250 gift card from the salon, or a pair of Louboutins. Cha-ching!
- Fashion Outlets of Chicago (5220 Fashion Outlets Way, Rosemont, fashionoutletsofchicago.com) offers perks to University of Illinois students and alumni for the entire month of May. If you’re an Illini, visit the Concierge Services and answer a trivia question to receive a card worth more than $800 in savings, free coat check, a Lindt chocolate bar, free same-day local delivery, and a gift from the Outlets.
- The ever-charming Comet Vintage (1320 W. 18th St., cometvintagechicago.com) celebrates its four-year anniversary on Friday! Stop by for deep discounts throughout the store and general Pilsen Second Friday celebrating.
- Now that it’s officially warm-ish, Lincoln Park’s First Thursdays are back, and the first one is tonight from 5 to 8 p.m. Saunter down Armitage, Halsted, and Webster to find treats, new arrivals, trunk shows, and other surprises at your favorite boutiques, including Fortunate Discoveries, Little Black Dress, and Foxes Boutique.
2 weeks ago