Top Sale This Week
When you tell Grandma that you’re going to Eskell’s annual Not Your Granny’s Panties Vintage Shopping Party (1509 N. Milwaukee Ave., eskell.com), she won’t be offended—she’ll want to come along. Eskell has teamed up with vintage specialist Heart & Hunter to offer up a selection of handpicked vintage pieces, both scandalous and non-, for all your holiday party needs. The vintage gurus will also serve up Virtue Cider for all (those who remember Prohibition as well as those who don’t). Bring your favorite matriarch along, because if anyone knows how to rock a high-waisted 1950s slip better than you do, it’s Grandma.
The Best of the Rest
- Presence (5216 N. Clark St., presencechicago.com) is turning 45—a century in independent boutique years—and wants you to come celebrate. Starting today, all clearance is an additional 45 percent off, while the celebration continues on Saturday and Sunday, when shoppers will receive $10 off every $45 they spend.
- Tonight, all rumpled gentleman should swing by The Tie Bar (918 W. Armitage Ave., thetiebar.com) night for an event in partnership with GQ, How to Style, with local stylist Mel Muoio. There will be beer.
- Until Friday at midnight, stop by one of Chicago’s Haberdash (haberdashmen.com) locations for up to 50 percent off casual and dress footwear. Ladies, who says you can’t go and hunt for the smaller sizes? Those loafers don’t lie.
- For bijoux galore, you’ll want to hit up Element’s holiday trunk show (741 N. Wells St., elementschicago.com), today until 6 p.m. The shindig features jewelers such as LK Designs, Millianna, Lena Skadegard, Margery Hirschey, and more.
- The once-a-year Jayson Home warehouse sale (701 N. Albany Ave., jaysonhome.com) takes place tomorrow through Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day. You’ll get 50 to 90 percent off a huge range of Jayson Home merchandise including sofas, rugs, vintage furniture, and holiday décor. Plus, Uber is offering free rides (up to $20; use code JAYSONUBER) to and from the sale, so you can have your hot toddy and shop for bar supplies, too.
- If you’re too cozy to get up from your squashy sofa, your homemade pumpkin spice latte, and your crackling fire, check out local boutique ZAMRIE’s (3213 N. Kilpatrick Ave.) first-ever online sale rack at zamrie.com/collections/last-chance-rack, where everything is under $50 and going fast.