Top Sale This Week
Pilsen’s Modern Cooperative (1215 W. 18th St., moderncooperative.com) is knocking down a wall and expanding into a new space, effectively tripling in size and becoming the largest boutique of its kind in Chicago. The roving vintage sellers Lost Girls Vintage will also hop aboard, providing fans with a stationary shopping location to complement their mobile boutiques around the city. Celebrate all the shopping goodness, both vintage and modern, during tomorrow’s preview party from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m., which coincides with Pilsen’s 2nd Friday Art Walk. Can’t make it? On Saturday, the store throws an official grand opening bash from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. During the event, all vintage goes for 10 to 20 percent off and customers get to snack on autumnal bites and cocktails—as well as take a couple of photos with the store’s beloved dog.
The Best of the Rest
- Wall weavings are all the rage, but if you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon yet, tomorrow is your chance: Stop by Penelope’s (1913 W. Division St., shoppenelopes.com) to meet artist Erin Georgeson of Secret Ceremony, and shop her new, handmade weavings while sipping libations from Craft Cocktail Rules.
- Annie O, a wholesale sales agent, is throwing her biannual fall/winter sample sale on Wednesday, November 19 from noon to 6 p.m. (2132 W. Fulton St., Unit A, annieo.net). Bring cash to scoop up pieces from brands like Tulle, Lucca Couture, Sloane Rouge, Scrapbook, Hart Denim, and Joypeace at a fraction of their original price.
- On Saturday, fifteen Oak Street boutiques will donate 15 percent of sales to the Lurie Children’s Hospital Foundation, while luring in shoppers with complimentary drinks, snacks, and gifts with purchase. Stop by Lester Lampert (57 E. Oak St., lesterlampert.com) for champagne and sushi.
- How’s November tea-drinking treating you? If the answer is “shabbily,” you’re in luck: Porte Rouge (1414 N. Wells St., porterouge.biz) has a sale on teapots and tea accessories from now until Saturday.
- Get your holiday shopping done in one day at the Junior League of Chicago’s 43rd annual Gazebo Holiday Market (1447 N. Astor St., jlchicago.org), Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. More than 35 vendors will be there, including Antique Creations, Modernplum, and TrinketChicago.
- Contemporary womenswear brand Ricorso debuts “the 10”—a limited-edition capsule of 10 designs—at Vintage.Modern.Resale. (34 E. Oak St., ricorsodesign.com). The collection is shoppable now through Friday, December 12, and is founded on the idea of “classic-meets-contemporary wardrobe pieces that will be forever elegant,” according to Daryl Sneed, the brand’s founder and executive director.
- The Left Bank (1155 W. Webster Ave., leftbankjewelry.com) hosts its annual sample sale, now through Saturday. All sorts of bridal accessories—shoes, veils, sashes, headpieces, jewelry—are marked at 15 to 60 percent off. Not engaged but still intrigued? Let’s just say you can’t wear a white dress to your friend’s wedding, but nobody said anything about sparkly white shoes.
2 weeks ago
4 weeks ago