Top Sales This Week
Kick off your holiday shopping and get extra points from Santa for buying local at this weekend’s Randolph Street Holiday Market, Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (1340 W. Washington St., randolphstreetmarket.com). More than 90 vendors will sell everything from vintage clothing to modern home décor and every sparkly, fur-trimmed, antique-inspired treasure in between.
If you’re never quite sure Auntie Rho likes your gifts, local style expert Graham Kostic of Glossed and Found will be on hand to help you out by hand-picking his favorite Market finds and offering style advice to lost-looking shoppers. If you trust your own taste, grab a cocktail and browse vendors such as Amelia Jane Vintage, Forage & Bloom, Paper Christmas Guys, and Wildtree Herbs.
The Best of the Rest
- Trillum Boutique (1744 W. Division St., trilliumchicago.com) celebrates its four-year anniversary tonight with a little fête from 5 to 9 p.m. The event is also the shop’s fifth Petit Faire (a monthly event that features local vendors), so stop by for sparkling wine and specials from Mineralogy, Moira K. Lime, Henry & Belle, Dirt Skincare, and Trillium’s own selections.
- Speaking of birthdays, Art Effect (934 W. Armitage Ave., shoparteffect.com) blows out 30 candles on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Stop by for raffle prizes every hour. Added bonus: The first 30 customers to spend over $100 receive an overflowing gift bag. Oh, and there’s going to be a candy bar.
- Model Petra Nemcova stops by Neiman Marcus (737 N. Michigan Ave., neimanmarcus.com) today from 2 to 4 p.m. to showcase her new candle collection, Be the Light NY. The candles are inspired by her travels around the world, and Petra will sign and personalize each candle purchased. Plus, 10 percent of purchases are donated to a fund that builds schools for children in countries affected by natural disasters.
- Starting Saturday, Milk Handmade (5137 N. Clark St., milkhandmade.com) throws a “Giving Spree,” during which the boutique partners with Care for Real to collect clothing for charity. Bring in clothing to donate and you’ll get a surprise card from the “Milk jug,” which could lead you to a discount, a gift card, or a pair of free earrings.
- Leah Chavie of the popular Leah Chavie Skincare Boutique (2457 N. Halsted St., leahchavie.com) is offering two holiday makeup sets—one warm-hued, one cool—for $35 total, or $22 off the normal price. Buy one for yourself and give the other to a friend who’s warm where you’re cool, or visa versa.
- The owner of Lincoln Park’s Comfort Me Boutique (701 W. Armitage Ave., comfortmeboutique.com) has collaborated with Chicago artist and designer Tania Rodamilans for a limited-edition jewelry line, which launches tonight from 6 to 8 p.m. at the boutique. Drinks and snacks will be served, and shoppers will have a chance to personalize their purchases with their initials, which will be hand-hammered by the designers.
4 weeks ago