1. Every home should have Fortuny fabric somewhere, be it a pillow, headboard, window treatment, or even a fabric swatch set out for inspiration. Classically inspired and hand-blocked in Italy, the designs are true Old World elegance. The company has almost a cult-like following. I did a dining room in an Oak Street condo all in Fortuny for a client in the fashion industry. She shares my obsession. I even have customers who collect Fortuny umbrellas!
2. If I could live in any movie or TV setting it would be Downtown Abbey—upstairs, not down!
3. I eat like an absolute pig when I go to a Cubs game at Wrigley. I eat my way through all nine innings, starting with peanuts, then moving on to a beer and a hot dog (love their squishy buns), and finally, popcorn. And maybe a second dog. All the delicious, forbidden foods just taste better on a sunny day at the Friendly Confines.
4. Most people don’t know that I love to go grouse hunting in Scotland and England (see photo). I’m a pretty good shot, but really, it’s all about the outfit.
5. A beauty/grooming product that I swear by is: Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant. I’ve been using it since I was 17. Great for cracked cuticles, calluses and the dry hands I get from handling fabrics and paper all day.
2 months ago
2 months ago