The owner of Morlen Sinoway Atelier, the founder of the Guerrilla Truck show, an interior designer, and one of the most devoted promotors of local design in town, Sinoway is also a bon vivant who loves art, music, film and books. This week, he finishes our sentences.
1. If I could live in any movie or TV setting it would be any Bond movie (except with Roger Moore). And then, there’s Fellini. Need I explain? Cars. Women. Sunglasses. Toys.
2. My libation of choice is Beefeater and tonic with extra-extra lime for a pure, clear, simple, altered state without the pain of a hangover.
3. The most aesthetically pleasing place I’ve visited recently was San Miguel de Allende, Mexico—a colonial city, visually beautiful, with lots of personality and good food.
4. My can’t-live-without techie gadget is my Canon PowerShot S95. I don’t leave home without it because it records things I may have forgotten or details I may have missed. A life without visuals is a life without inspirations.
5. The best book I’ve read lately is De Kooning: An American Master by Mark Stevens. Actually, I have been working on this book for three years and am still not finished. (There have been a few books in between.) It’s definitely the history of 20th-century art.
1 month ago