This information applies to cats and dogs; policies for other animals differ. When making a reservation, include your pet. The registration and agreement forms required by some hotels specify leash, cage, and housekeeping rules.
• The Drake, 140 E. Walton Pl.; (312) 787-2200
Maximum of 50 pounds; $200 refundable deposit. Must sign a pet registration form. Kennels available.
• Fairmont Chicago, 200 N. Columbus Dr.; (312) 565-8000
Weight limit of 25 pounds; $25 nonrefundable charge per day.
• Four Seasons Hotel, 120 E. Delaware Pl.; (312) 280-8800
Weight limit of 15 pounds; water and food bowls provided. Special room service menu includes choices such as Mighty Mutt and Tomcat’s Favorite. Dog walking available.
• Hilton Chicago, 720 S. Michigan Ave.; (312) 922-4400
No weight limit. Must sign an agreement form.
• Hotel Allegro Chicago, 171 W. Randolph St.; (312) 236-0123
No weight limit; must sign agreement form.
• Hotel Monaco Chicago, 225 N. Wabash Ave.; (312) 960-8503
No weight limit; no deposit. Must sign agreement form. Goldfish available on request.
• House of Blues Hotel, 333 N. Dearborn St.; (312) 245-0333
Small animals allowed; no deposit. Food, bowls, and kitty litter are supplied at no extra charge. Owners are equipped with pagers in case the hotel needs to contact them about a pet while they are out.
• Le Meridien Chicago, 521 N. Rush St.; (312) 645-1500
No charge; weight limit of 20 pounds. Welcome package includes a water bowl and place mat.
• Omni Ambassador East, 1301 N. State Pkwy.; (312) 787-7200
Maximum weight of 25 pounds; $55 nonrefundable deposit.
• Palmer House Hilton, 17 E. Monroe St.; (312) 726-7500
Weight limit of 85 pounds; must have own cage.
• Park Hyatt Chicago, 800 N. Michigan Ave.; (312) 335-1234
Maximum of 25 pounds; $100 nonrefundable deposit. The doorman keeps dog treats in a closet.
• Peninsula Chicago Hotel, 108 E. Superior St.; (312)-2888
Weight limit of 25 pounds. Complimentary rawhide and biscuit treats and a room service menu with choices such as smoked salmon and a spinach salad with beef.
• Ritz-Carlton Hotel, 160 E. Pearson St.; (312) 266-2343
Weight limit of 30 pounds; water and food bowls and kitty litter are supplied. A gourmet room service menu is available; specialties include filet mignon for dogs and Beluga caviar for cats. Dog walking is also provided.
• Sofitel Chicago Water Tower, 20 E. Chestnut St.; (312) 324-4000
Twenty-pound maximum. Dogs receive a welcoming treat bag with a bowl, a ball, and a bone, as well as a complimentary weewee pad. A deluxe treat plate prepared by the Streeterville Pet Spa & Boutique is available for $25.
• Sutton Place Hotel, 21 E. Bellevue Pl.; (312) 266-2100
Maximum of 25 pounds; $200 refundable deposit.
• Whitehall Hotel, 105 E. Delaware Pl.; (312) 944-6300
Ten-pound maximum; $100 refundable deposit. Dog walking available.
This story was originally published in the July 2003 issue of Chicago.Edit Module