50 Most Beautiful Chicagoans

Vote for Your Favorite Cover: Jennifer Hudson or Patrick Sharp?

Jennifer Hudson as seen on the March 2011 cover of Chicago magazine
Jennifer Hudson

Patrick Sharp as seen on the March 2011 cover of Chicago magazine
Patrick Sharp

When it comes to beautiful people, Chicago does not want for attractive men or women. To represent our March cover story, we went with two of our favorites: actress/singer Jennifer Hudson and Chicago Blackhawks left wing Patrick Sharp. Vote in the poll below to tell us which cover you like the best. We’ll reveal the winner on Monday February 21st.

Where’s J Hud and Sharpie?

Then, starting Thursday, February 24th help us find Hudson and Sharp on newsstands around the city and suburbs: Sign in to Twitter and send a photo of the cover to @ChicagoMag with the hashtag #50MBChicago. Tell us where you found it and we’ll retweet you. One winner will be chosen at random to win a Chicago magazine prize pack, which we’ll announce Monday, February 28th.

Get your favorite cover on newsstands starting Thursday, February 23th. The full online version of the story will be posted at chicagomag.com/50mostbeautiful on Monday, February 28th, complete with additional photo galleries, expanded bios, and behind-the-scenes video of the 50 most beautiful Chicagoans.

Poll results

comments
Posted by mdf3530

Sharpie.

Posted by norma

I am just wondering if Patrick Sharp is from Chicago born and raised. I have a problemly with voting, because its never the whole picture. Jennifer Hudson is Chicago born and raised. She is an inspiration to millions around the world not just in her city. Jennifer is one of the greatest female vocalist of our time. A true rags to riches story. This young very talented superstar have been through hell and back. She has such a warm spirit and a very kind heart. People wants to be in her circle. I feel she deserves, and have earned the right to be on the cover of any magazine.

Posted by luvkane88

Norma, Jennifer was already on a cover in October. Sharp is Canadian but lives & breathes Chicago with his wife. He is an awesome person & gives back w/the Blackhawks. We all love him & will vote for him. Someone different needs to be on there too even if he wasn't born in Chi'town. He is a champion! go Patrick Sharp & Hawks!!

Posted by Robert L from Rogers Park

Did the magazine say that the person had to be born and raised in Chicago - get a grip people. It's about time the ladies (and my wife) had a good looking cover to look at - Am I jealous - not a bit...

Posted by BobNChicago

Patrick may not have been born in Chicago but he does live here now, he brought the Stanley Cup home to Chicago, he pays taxes in Chicago and frequents business's in Chicago.

Where does Ms. Hudson live now? LA?

Posted by Taylor

Patrick Sharp deserves this. Everyone knows he is BEYOND gorgeous and it is about time that he is final being recognized not just for his good looks but for his talent as a hockey player! I am a die hard Sharp fan and would LOVE to see his sexy face on the cover of the mag! It doesn't matter if he is from Chicago or not, we all love Canadians anyways! ;] He has lived here for years and is practically a Chicagoan. Go Sharp! All of us Chicago girls love you!

Posted by Romburg

How many meetings did it require in order to arrive at such an unrealistic comparison? A Chicago Sports star that just won a Championship, vs a singer/actress that is seen aside from commercials once a month on average at best. And I'm sure there are tons of Jennifer jerseys being worn in the corporate offices of Chicago. Talk about bone head. Give these choices even I wanna vote for Patrick. But Jennifer has that huggability factor locked up for me.

Posted by joe a

Jennifer hands down - I'm a gay man, too - which should count for extra points. Yes? His expression is kinda coy, even if that wasn't his intent. Jennifer is "Here I am!" Gotta like her a lot! She's very real and very natural.

Posted by MissouriSharpGirl

Missouri girls have a say too right? Awh well I already voted for Sexy Sharp. He's my favorite Hawk and I'm doing a few projects on him at school and besides; I've never heard of Miss Hudson....May the Most Beautiful Chicagoan Win! 8)

Posted by ihearttoews19

Umm Sharp's been here since Philly traded him back in 2005, so I think that qualifies as being a Chicagoan...

Only thing I know about Jennifer Hudson is that she's the chick in the Weight Watchers commercial....oh yeah and she sings (badly) too...some great figure she is!

Posted by PAK

Hudson is notable for her amazing weight loss but she has not lived in Chicago for a while. Sharp has lived here since he became a Blackhawk in 2005. Seems like a mute issue on residence unless you give a nod to Sharp for being a current resident, which Hudson is not.

On most objective beautiful/attractive scale, it is Sharp all the way. He gets my vote.

Posted by Ange

It really should be Jennifer she was born and raised here in Chicago. Another great idea put both on the cover!!

Posted by Tinyhawk

PATRICK SHARP IS
BY FAR THE MOST GORGEOUS MALE IN CHICAGO HANDS DOWN!
HIS BEAUTY IS UNSURPASSED BY NONE!
JONATHAN TOEWS DOES GIVE HIM A RUN FOR THE MONEY THOUGH!
ALL MY LOVE,
Tinyhawk

Posted by Tinyhawk

PATRICK SHARP IS
BY FAR THE MOST GORGEOUS MAN IN CHICAGO. SECOND TO NONE!
ALTHOUGH JONATHAN TOEWS DOES GIVE HIM A RUN FOR THE MONEY!

ALL MY LOVE,
Tinyhawk

Posted by elisa

April 3, 2009

Grammy and Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson says she no longer considers herself a Chicagoan.

"I don't live in Chicago anymore"; the singer told Entertainment Weekly.

SO THERE!!!

Posted by norma

ELISA: Honey you are behind time this is 2011. Jhud had her personal reasons for moving, and saying the things she may have said. Jen loves chi-town. She lets it be known everywhere she goes. Jen is one of the few stars that speaks highly of her hometown in the public eye. Elisa you would have known that if you was a true Jhud fan. Yes, she deserves the cover. No disrespect to Patrick are the Blackhawks. Jennifer Hudson is both Incredible and Amazing.

Posted by jordanl

I am born and raised in Chicago and one day I will be on the front of the mag. Jennifer is from the "Southside" and we know that is the best "SIDE'. Patrick is sharp and showing a little love for the Irish favor. So there you have it. Both represent the VERY best of CHICAGO, ILLNOIS the best in the UNION. Peace to THE "CHI".

Posted by Amalie

Hi there, readers & commenters. Thanks for voting in the poll! I'm the writer who interviewed Jennifer Hudson for 50 Most Beautiful, and I'm pleased to report that J-Hud and her fiancé moved back to Chicago last fall (in part so they can raise their son near both of their families). They are now full-time Gold Coast residents.

Posted by Smash130

Jennifer Hudson is so beautiful as she is - did you really have to photoshop her so dramatically? The angle at which her hip juts in under the 50 Most Beautiful Chicagoans graphic is ridiculous.

Anyway, my vote goes for her.

Posted by kimby

They're both beautiful...synical me wonders if Jennifer would have been selected before her weight loss.