1. The famed Italian architect Renzo Piano designed the Modern Wing, and Dirk Dennison (L2O) designed the restaurant
2. A pedestrian bridge from Millennium Park over Monroe Street ends at the third-floor entrance to the Modern Wing.
3. The floor is white oak, the tabletops are clear resin, and there are no walls—only windows.
4. TP’s glass-covered patio is next to an art-filled terrace and overlooks the park.
5. The lunch menu includes a salad of local peas, local pea shoots, pea tendrils, La Quercia guanciale (from Iowa), and Pleasant Ridge Reserve cheese (from Wisconsin).
6. The dinner menu includes a house-made spaghetti with ramps and green garlic.
7. Did we mention Tony Mantuano?
Terzo Piano is scheduled to open on May 16th. 159 E. Monroe St.; no phone number at presstime.Edit Module