* The Trib web apps team has a nice side-by-side comparison of today’s wards and the ones that will go in place in 2015.
* Due credit to the Chicago City Clerk’s office (@chicityclerk on Twitter) for releasing the new map in handy computer-readable form.
* The Woodstock Institute has a data snapshot of vacant properties in the city.
* With all due respect to the mapmakers above, I think Frederick Thrasher’s 1926 map of Chicago gang activity is my favorite Chicago map.
* Daniel Huffman, creator of a wonderful set of river-system-as-transit-system maps, has an essay on how cartography saved his life, and a reflection on the clever, short-lived mapping software LineDrive.
23 hours ago