Photo courtesy of the gladwell company
“I wanted to bring the ice cream man back,” says Nate Lynch, who is the tricyclist behind the retro-styled frozen-delights cart the Gladwell Company (no fixed address, 773-234-0084, and @TheGladwellCo).
Lynch says he has a lifelong passion for ice cream, but kept the Gladwell concept on ice for a year and a half. The tipping point came this past fall, when he quit his consulting business and focused on ice cream full time. His efforts have come up with five original frozen treats:
• Gladbar: vanilla bean ice cream in a dark chocolate shell
• Dreambar: vanilla ice cream in an orangepop shell
• Cocobar: nondairy dark chocolate bar
• Berribar: nondairy mixed-berry sorbet bar
• Wonderwich: chocolate cookies around chocolate-chip ice cream
Lynch launched July 12, triking to hot crowds to sell his bars for $3.50 to $5. He hopes to continue selling through the fall, then expand to markets and stores, and eventually micro-franchise. After, surely, some research into local three-trikes laws.
4 hours ago
6 hours ago