EDrop-Off (773-525-7467, shopedropoff.com), one of the largest luxury eBay drop-off stores, relocated its brick and mortar location to 2117 North Halsted Street last month. Formerly based a few blocks southwest, the new 3,000-square-foot-space features more on-site consultation rooms and houses an even larger stock of designer accessories and clothing that are posted for bidding online. EDrop-Off also lets you try on any piece at the store before bidding online by appointment only. Working like eBay, eDrop-Off posts about 100 pieces for bidding on its Web site every day between 6 and 9 p.m.; the items are posted for one week at a time and sent to the highest bidder after the transaction is made. “Generally items start between $18.99 and $49, and, of course, the price goes up due to bids throughout the week,” says owner Corri McFadden. Last week, we found bids ranging from $9.99 for a Whistles sea foam green cashmere sequin sweater to $1,700 for a Taher Chemirki 18-karat yellow-gold gemstone link necklace. Launching tonight, the site will offer items such as a Chanel blue silk logo print short sleeve blouse in size 40; a Chanel vintage black wool patch pocket mini skirt in size 38; Jimmy Choo yellow leather buckle heels in size 36; and a Louis Vuitton monogram pouchette cherry blossom handbag.
Top Sales This Week
Enjoy the latest fashions from Jean Paul Gaultier, Marc Jacobs, Sonia Rykiel, and Issey Miyake along with music from Macy Gray during Macy’s Passport Presents Glamorama on Friday, August 13th, at 8 p.m., at the Chicago Theatre (175 N. State St.; 312-642-6300). Tickets, from $50, are available at ronaldhousechicago.org (630-623-2309) and ticketmaster.com (800-982-2787).
Nika le butik (143 N. Northwest Hwy., Park Ridge; 847-696-1700, nikabutik.com) takes up to 75 percent off all items in the store, including fall 2010 clothing and accessories on Saturday, August 14th, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Guests enjoy complimentary drinks and food throughout the event and have the opportunity to win a $350 shopping spree at the boutique.
The Best of the Rest
- Jayson Home & Garden (1885 N. Clybourn Ave.; 773-248-8180, jaysonhomeandgarden.com) holds its summer garden sale Friday, August 6th, through Sunday, August 22nd. Take 50 percent off plants as well as 30 percent off garden containers, pots, and ornaments.
- In collaboration with ChicagoBeauty.com, ElleHomme Medical Spa (832 W. Adams St.; 312-929-2016, ellehommemedspa.com) hosts a VIPretty event, featuring complimentary mini massages, brow and lip waxing, make-up applications, paraffin hand treatments, and photo facials, on Wednesday, August 11th, from 6 to 8 p.m. Guests also receive a goodie bag with beauty products and a $100 gift certificate to ElleHomme Medical Spa. Tickets, $25, are available at chicagobeauty.com/vipretty.
- Workshop (818 W. 18th St.; 312-226-9000, freidesigns.com) celebrates one year with treats and live music on Friday, August 13th, from 6 to 10 p.m. The boutique also kicks off its four-session sewing workshop series on Tuesday, August 17th; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot.
- Bring a gently used pair of jeans to The Denim Lounge (43 E. Oak St., 312-642-6403; 2004 W. Roscoe St., 773-935-2820; thedenimlounge.com) through Friday, August 13th, and receive $40 off a new pair. All used jeans will be donated to the Association House in Chicago.
- The Fashion District at District (170 W. Ontario St.; 312-337-3477, districtbarchicago.com) features Meekis swimwear, Protégé eyewear, and Elan Furs on Wednesday, August 11th, from 7 to 11 p.m. Guests enjoy half-off bottles of wine throughout the event.
- Learn how to style your hair with a scarf during “Lessons in Luxe: Scarves & Strands” at Luxe a Salon + Spa (2109 W. Belmont Ave.; 773-665-2049, luxeasalon.com) on Thursday, August 12th, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Guests enjoy treats and drinks, along with the chance to win an Hermès scarf. Tickets are $10 for those who RSVP to email@example.com in advance or $12 at the door.
- The Golden Triangle (330 N. Clark St.; 312-755-1266, goldentriangle.biz) holds its annual sidewalk sale with up to 60 percent off rare home furnishings and accessories Thursday, August 12th, through Saturday, August 21th.
- Get 25 percent off European goose down products at Bedside Manor (for locations, shopbedside.com; 800-485-4744) through Tuesday, August 31st.
- Neiman Marcus (737 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-642-5900, neimanmarcus.com) holds a Chanel fall 2010 trunk show Thursday, August 12th, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Stop by between 12 and 3 p.m. to see informal modeling of the collection.
- Lincoln Square Optical officially becomes Spex (4740 N. Lincoln Ave.; 773-275-2900, spexchicago.com) with a grand opening party on Thursday, August 12th, from 4 to 8 p.m. Guests receive drinks, appetizers, “swag bags,” a Lafont Paris trunk show, and the chance to win a $1,000 eyewear makeover.
Attention Sales Check readers: We want your feedback! Why do you subscribe to this newsletter? What do you love about it? What do you hate? Are there sales and shopping events at Chicagoland stores that we’re missing? Please send your tips, complaints, and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3 days ago