Three years after launching her first brick-and-mortar location in Libertyville, the designer Kathryn Kerrigan is offering her vintage-couture inspired shoes in Chicago. Opening earlier this summer, the namesake boutique, Kathryn Kerrigan (2031 N. Damen Ave.; 773-235-7150, kathrynkerrigan.com), brings nearly 75 different styles of footwear to women who wear U.S. sizes 9 through 13, or European sizes 40 to 45. (Kerrigan’s suburban boutique at 741 North Milwaukee Avenue in Libertyville, and her online shop, kathrynkerrigan.com carry U.S. sizes 5 through 15, or European sizes 36 to 46.) Handmade in Spain and Italy, Kerrigan’s premium leather shoe line ($99 and up) features everything from her signature ballet flats and wedges to open- and close-toed pumps, booties, and boots. Later this year, the location’s owner, Stephanie Sack, who also runs the plus-size women’s boutique vive la femme (2048 N. Damen Ave.; 773-772-7429, vivelafemme.com) down the block, plans to add accessories to mix.
Top Sales This Week
The Boutique Super Sale at 2215 North Halsted Street features 60 to 80 percent off spring, summer, and fall items from Belly Dance Maternity (1647 N. Damen Ave.; 773-862-1133), Cerato (3451 N. Southport Ave.; 773-248-8604), Perchance (3512 N. Southport Ave.; 773-244-1300), and Tangerine (1719 N. Damen Ave.; 773-772-0505) on Friday, August 6th, from 1 to 5 p.m. and Saturday, August 7th, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Hot Mama (for locations, shopmama.com) holds its summer clearance sale with up to 75 percent off summer and fall merchandise through Sunday, August 8th.
The Best of the Rest
- Kaveri (1211 W. Webster Ave.; 773-296-2141, ekaveri.com) offers 65 to 75 percent off summer merchandise.
- Enjoy up to 90 percent off select footwear at House of Sole (1237 S. Michigan Ave.; 312-834-0909, houseofsole.net) Friday, August 6th, through Sunday, August 8th.
- Penelope’s (1913 W. Division St.; 773-395-2351, shoppenelopes.com) takes 20 to 60 percent off all spring and selected summer clothing and accessories through mid-August.
- BoConcept (1901 N. Clybourn Ave.; 773-388-2900, boconcept.us) holds its summer sale with 30 to 40 percent off floor models, 25 percent of Bahia leather sofas, and more this month.
- Take 30 to 75 percent off summer merchandise at Hubba-Hubba (3309 N. Clark St.; 773- 477-1414, hubbahubbachicago.com) Thursday, August 5th, through Sunday, August 8th.
- Vision Boutique (948 W. Madison St.; 312-829-6800, vision-boutique.com) holds a 2010 Ray-Ban trunk show on Saturday, August 7th, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Guests get 10 percent off all Ray-Ban purchases.
- Through Sunday, August 8th, bring your Lollapalooza ticket to Halo [For Men] (21 W. Elm St.; 312-642-4256, halochicago.com) and get exclusive discounts, including a massage, manicure, and pedicure package for $60 or one of the listed treatments for $25.
- Save 15 percent on English Muffin sweatsuits at Veruca Salt (520 N. Kingsbury St., 773-276-3888; 1921 N. Damen Ave., 773-276-9888; shopverucasalt.com) through Thursday, August 5th.
- Retro on Roscoe (2000 W. Roscoe St.; 773-665-4682, roscoevillage.org) returns with dozens of artisans and antiques vendors, entertainment, and more on Saturday, August 7th, and Sunday, August 8th, from noon to 10 p.m.; $5.
- Purchase a bottle of Lola Marc Jacobs perfume at Bloomingdale’s (900 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-440-4460, bloomingdales.com) and receive a complimentary disco purse, Friday, August 6th and Saturday, August 7th from 12 to 5 p.m. Cupcakes will be served throughout the event.
After five years, Habit (1951 W. Division St.; habitchicago.com), a boutique featuring items by more than 75 local designers, closed on July 31st.
Attention Sales Check readers: We want your feedback! Why do you subscribe to this newsletter? What do you love about it? What do you hate? Are there sales and shopping events at Chicagoland stores that we’re missing? Please send your tips, complaints, and comments to email@example.com.Edit Module