Ice, Ice, Baby
Jewelry is a personal business, and the new luxury Oakbrook boutique A. Marek Fine Jewelry (3021 Butterfield Rd., Ste. 108, Oakbrook; 630-954-2662, amarekfinejewelry.com) caters to just that notion. Opened in September, the store greets customers with bejeweled chandeliers, hand-painted wallpaper, and wrought iron gates, but the real star is its inventory of gorgeous jewels. Director Romana Malinowski says, “You’ll find things you never knew existed.” She may be talking about the titanium morning glory brooch encrusted in pink sapphires, or a necklace made of seven large Burma rubies and 25-carats worth of diamonds. For more frugal customers, the store also carries more basic items like diamond tennis bracelets and engagement rings. A. Marek also is the only store in the state to carry the work of the renowned Italian jeweler Buccellati.
Top Sales This Week
The home stores Aquae Sulis (2211 N. Elston Ave., 1st fl.; 773-772-7272) and x y zanne (773-276-0799) host a joint holiday shopping event Dec. 12th and 13th featuring handmade items including jewelry, art, and stained glass, and designer faucets and fixtures. Chocolate and complimentary facials will be offered.
The non-profit Woman Craft (womancraft.net) hosts its annual holiday open house Dec. 12th and 13th at 4115 West Ogden Avenue. The eco-friendly and fair trade organization will offer handmade recycled-paper products such as stationery and note cards. Paper making workshops will also be offered.
The Best of the Rest
- The women’s boutique le Dress (1741 W. Division St.; 773-697-9899, ledresschicago.com) introduces 12 days of dresses on Dec. 10th from 6 to 9 p.m. Enjoy cocktails, secret sales, and 40 percent off 12 dresses.
- Fogal and L’Artisan Parfumeur at The 900 Shops (900 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-915-3916, shop900.com) presents a men’s shopping night with a discount of 10 percent off all merchandise from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Appetizers and cocktails will be served.
- Purse shop Bess & Loie (1015 W. Lake; 312-226-2247, bessandloie.com) hosts its second annual holiday party Dec. 11th from 5 to 9 p.m. Customers who bring baby items to donate to the charity Bright Endeavors will receive 25 percent off.
- East Pilsen jewelry outpost Under the Wire (2210 S. Halsted St.; 312-733-9350, underthewire.biz) holds a holiday shopping event and sale Dec. 13th. Selected items are up to 75 percent off, and holiday treats will be served.
- The Denim Lounge (43 E. Oak St.; 312-642-6403, thedenimlounge.com) has its Couple’s Night Out, Dec. 11th from 5 to 9 p.m. Customers save an additional 30 percent off, and the first 30 people that spend $100 or more receive complimentary gift bags.
- Bedding store MVSE (300 W. Hubbard St., Ste. 301; 312-595-9604) holds its annual sample sale Dec. 11th and 12th with deep discounts on throws, sheets, and blankets.
- Cambium Furniture & Kitchens (113 W. Hubbard St.; 312-832-9920, cambiumhome.com) hosts a sale now through Jan. 1st with 25 to 40 percent off nearly every item in the River North showroom and gallery.
- Jewelry designer Chic Gems (www.chicgemsetc.com) has a sale with 30 percent off all items from now until the end of the month. Enter the code “December” at checkout.
- Lucky Magazine and Lucky Brand hosts a holiday event Dec. 11th from 6 to 8 p.m. at the retailer’s store at The Shops at North Bridge (520 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-464-0829). Have your photo taken by a professional photographer for a chance to appear in the magazine, and get 40 percent off purchases. RSVP to email@example.com.
- Women’s boutique Jake (3740 N. Southport Ave., 773-929-5253; 939 N. Rush St., 312-664-5553; 565 Lincoln Ave., Winnetka, 847-501-5253; shopjake.com) marks selected items down to 60 percent this week both online and in store.
- The Bucktown boutique Robin Richman (2108 N. Damen. Ave.; 773-278-6150) celebrates its 11th anniversary Dec. 11th with 30 percent off everything in store excluding sale items, and cocktails from 5 to 9 p.m.
- The Wicker Park designer boutique Hejfina (1529 N. Milwaukee Ave.; 773-772-0002, hejfina.com) hosts its holiday party Dec. 11th from 6 to 9 p.m. Local designer Lisa Kingsley shows her new bags, and Champagne will be served.
- The handmade jewelry store Blue Buddha Boutique (4533 N. Kedzie Ave.; 773-478-3767, bluebuddhaboutique.com) hosts a chainmaille jewelry trunk show Dec. 11th from 5 to 9:30 p.m.
2 days ago