Three Days Only
Growing up in New Orleans, Katie Ernst traveled to various junk and antique stores with her grandma, mom, and aunts with an eye for deals on great finds. In October 2009, Ernst opened Revision Home (2132 W. Fulton St.; 312-226-2221, revisionchicago.com), which sells vintage and antique pieces online and by appointment. But, Revision Home also holds three-day, open-to-the-public events to showcase the newest pieces. “It’s a way to build a sense of excitement,” says Ernst. Revision Home holds its second-ever weekend sale this Friday, February 19th through Sunday, February 21st from 12 to 5 p.m. Featured accessories and furniture include a steel flat file cabinet with bronze handles ($1,000), a vintage metal travel case ($95), and a bronze stag statue ($75). The event will also feature clay pieces by Jay Strommen and artwork from Connie Noyes, both Chicago locals. “We’re really committed to vintage, and we’re really committed to the community, so we hope to support both,” Ernst says. Event inventory will be posted online at revisionchicago.com when the sale starts, and availability of those items will be updated throughout the weekend.
Top Sales This Week
To benefit the Gorton Children’s Drop-In Center (childrensdropincenter.com), Shop for the Drop (shopforthedrop.com) offers discounts on children’s designer overstock clothing and samples at the Gorton Community Center (400 E. Illinois Rd., Lake Forest) on Thursday, February 18th from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Friday, February 19th from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Saturday, February 20th from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. The event’s preview party, with live music, wine, hors d’oeuvres, and a raffle happens on Wednesday, February 17th from 6 to 9 p.m. Preview tickets, $10, are available at shopforthedrop.com.
This month, Renew Spa (980 N. Michigan Ave., 2nd floor; 312-526-3891, renewspachicago.com) offers discounts on services, including a one-hour massage, manicure, and pedicure package for $99 (regularly $140), to those who mention “Sales Check.”
Starting Tuesday, February 16th, save up to 75 percent off beds, dining tables and chairs, sofas, lamps, accessories, and more at the Sawbridge Studios (153 W. Ohio St., 312-828-0055; 1015 Tower Ct., Winnetka, 847-441-2441; sawbridge.com) floor sample sale. View inventory online at sawbridge.com.
The Best of the Rest
- Lissa on Maxwell (729 W. Maxwell St., 312-563-9470, lissaonmaxwell.com) offers deep discounts on fall and winter merchandise through the month.
- Spa Bleü (847-783-0703, spa-bleu.com) at The Arboretum of South Barrington (100 W. Higgins Rd., South Barrington; 847-426-6200, shopthearboretumsb.com) holds an event to raise money for the Haiti Relief Fund on Sunday, February 21st from 4 to 8 p.m. Receive discounted hair and spa treatments throughout the evening; call 847-783-0703 to schedule an appointment.
- Get up to 70 percent off overstock and discontinued items, floor models, and other selected pieces at Alessi Chicago (611 N. State St.; 312-274-6500, alessi.com) through Sunday, February 28th.
- Gallery 1028 (1028 N. Hooker St.; 312-239-2328, gallery-1028.com) holds A Bride Affair event on Wednesday, February 17th from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Valentine’s Day may be over, but Affinia Chicago (166 E. Superior St.; 312-787-6000, affinia.com) continues to offer its “Naughty and Nice” package through the end of the year. Starting at $160 per night, get Champagne, a strip poker set, late check-out, hand-made chocolates, rose petals on the bed, and more.
- Krista K (3458 N. Southport Ave.; 773-248-1967, kristak.com) and Krista K Maternity + Baby (3530 N. Southport Ave.; 773-248-4477) hold a denim swap this month. For every pair of gently used jeans you bring in, receive 20 percent off a new jean purchase. Donations go to the Cotter Boys & Girls Club.
- Until Sunday, February 28th, JKAT Jewelry (773-777-7863, jkatjewelry.com) takes 10 percent off all orders and donates 10 percent of each sale to Partners in Health. Enter promo code “JJHHVLTD.”
- Aphora Day Spa (2300 Chestnut Ave., Glenview; 847-510-1240, aphoradayspa.com) offers four discount packages through Sunday, February 28th. Receive a 50-minute massage, 50-minute facial, manicure, and pedicure for $240; a 50-minute massage, manicure, and pedicure for $145; a 50-minute organic facial and manicure for $125; or a 50-minutes couple’s Swedish massage for $175.
- Book three same-day services through Sunday, February 28th at Ulta (114 S. State St.; 312-279-5081, ulta.com), and receive one of the services for free. Also this month, save up to $50 on hair-highlighting services and $20 off the Let Your Love Glow treatment.
- The James Chicago (55 E. Ontario St.; 312-337-1000, jameshotels.com) holds its annual Bridal Lounge with drinks, hors d’oeuvres, and a variety of wedding professionals on Thursday, February 18th from 6 to 8 p.m. RSVP to email@example.com.
- Save 15 percent on selected in-store and online merchandise from Bloomingdale’s (900 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-440-4460, bloomingdales.com) during its Fashionable Fundraiser, Friday, February 19th through Sunday, February 21st. The first 100 in-store customers to visit the Good Deeds wall receive gift cards worth up to $500, and Bloomingdale’s cardholders receive 20 percent off when they spend at least $300. For information, call 312-440-4515.
- Macy’s (for locations, macys.com) holds its “Sip & Scan” gift registry event at various Chicagoland locations this month. Engaged couples may enjoy drinks, hors d’oeuvres, and a complimentary gift as they register for merchandise at the State Street store on Friday, February 19th and Friday, March 26th from 5:30 to 8 p.m.; in Oak Brook on Tuesday, February 23rd from 7 to 9 p.m.; and in Woodfield on Wednesday, February 24th from 7 to 9 p.m. To RSVP, call 312-781-4935 for State Street, 847-706-6167 for Woodfield, and 630-684-2153 for Oak Brook.
- Timed to coincide with the Joffrey Ballet’s Cinderella, Four Seasons Hotel Chicago (120 E. Delaware Pl.; 312-280-8800, fourseasons.com) offers its “Cindy is Having a Ball” package Wednesday, February 17th through Sunday, February 28th. The special, from $375, includes a room, complimentary makeovers, martinis, and more. For information or reservations, call 312-280-8800.