Another Williams-Sonoma affiliate, west elm (1000 W. North Ave.; 312-867-1770, westelm.com) opens in Lincoln Park tomorrow, February 3rd, joining its nearby sister stores Pottery Barn (1000 W. North Ave.; 312-587-9837, potterybarn.com) and the combined PBteen-Pottery Barn Kids (2111 N. Clybourn Ave., 773-525-8349, pbteen.com, potterybarnkids.com). The new west elm is the eco-friendly shop’s first location in Chicago; the first area store opened at Oak Brook Place in 2004. “We have wanted to open a store in Chicago for a while and have been searching for the right location,” says Abigail Jacobs, Director of Public Relations for west elm. “Lincoln Park is the perfect spot for us because of its immergence as a prominent design district in Chicago.” West elm, known for its selection of non-toxic, certified organic, recycled, and renewable products, first launched via catalog in 2002, soon followed by westelm.com in 2003. After its first retail opening in Brooklyn, New York in 2004, west elm currently has 38 locations across the United States. “We work hard to make our designs affordable without sacrificing quality or design,” says Jacobs. New inventory includes sheared sheepskin pillow covers in gray, white, and light purple ($79 each); a tempered-glass link chandelier ($299); and a tempered-glass and steel dining table from the 2 x 2 collection ($269). Other favorites are the scoop-back chairs in seasonal styles and colors (from $79) and the wood Parsons desk with two drawers ($299).
Top Sales This Week
Dozens of Chicagoland spas and salons will participate in PrettyCity.com’s annual “Love You” campaign this month. Enjoy waxing, Botox, and other treatments for only $59 each. For a list of participating spas and salons, visit prettycity.com/love.
The Randolph Street Market (312-666-1200, randolphstreetmarket.com) holds its indoor Valentine Market with antiques, collectibles, and other romantic designer goods on Saturday, February 6th and Sunday, February 7th from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Plumbers Hall (1340 W. Washington St.). Starting with this new show, the market, which was previously held one weekend every month from May through September, turns into a year-round event. Tickets are $10 at the door or $8 in advance at randolpstreetmarket.com.
The Best of the Rest
- Sacred Art (4619 N. Lincoln Ave.; 773-728-2803, sacredartstore.com) celebrates four years with 25 percent off all purchases on Thursday, February 4th. That evening, the shop will also features music, art, food, and wine from 6 to 9 p.m. From Friday, February 5th through Sunday, February 7th save 25 percent on one item and 10 percent on additional purchases.
- Chicago author Delphine Pontvieux holds a book signing for her first novel, ETA: Estimated Time of Arrest, at p.45 (1643 N. Damen Ave.; 773-862-4523, p45.com) on Thursday, February 4th from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Artists Frame Service (1867 N. Clybourn Ave.; 773-248-2800, artistsframeservice.com) holds its next Sunday Frame Outlet—with 80 percent off miscellaneous, miscut, and misshaped frames—on February 7th.
- For Valentine’s Day, Nicholas Joseph Custom Tailors (21 W. Elm St.; 654 W. Diversey Ave.; 70 W. Madison St.; 1351 S. Michigan Ave.; 312-895-1577, customsuitsyou.com) features deals on selected men’s items. Get one-of-a-kind vintage cuff links for $49 and custom shirts for $99 through Saturday, February 13th. During the sale, shoppers who buy two Ermenegildo Zegna custom suits get 10 custom engraved hangers.
- Lollie (1312 Chicago Ave., Evanston; 847-328-7303, lollieshop.com) holds an in-store clearance with 50 percent off winter inventory and $5 deals Thursday, February 4th through Sunday, February 7th. Also, buy seven sale items during the event and receive 70 percent off.
- Enjoy 10 percent off selected vintage furniture and apparel from Blackwatch68 (blackwatch68.com), along with wine and cheese, on Thursday, February 4th from 6 to 8 p.m. at Urban Sandbox (1627 N. Wolcott St.). RSVP to email@example.com.
- Spex (1819 St. Johns Ave., Highland Park; 847-266-6400, spexchicago.com) celebrates two years of its Art + Vision event with paintings, photography, and mixed media from various artists, as well as drinks and hors d’oeuvres. The group show’s opening reception is Friday, February 5th from 7 to 9:30 p.m.; works will be on display through Friday, March 19th.
- In collaboration with G Boutique (2131 N. Damen Ave.; 773-235-1234, boutiqueg.com) and Lush Wine & Spirits (for locations, lushwineandspirits.com), the Denim Lounge (2004 W. Roscoe St.; 773-935-2820, thedenimlounge.com) hosts a girls’ night out event with wine tastings, sex seminars, and 25 percent off all boutique purchases on Thursday, February 4th from 6 to 9 p.m. Women only.
- Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum (2430 N. Cannon Dr.; 773-755-5100, naturemuseum.org) features haven yoga classes with tea and snacks every Saturday from 8:30 to 10 a.m., February 6th through 27th. Attendees pay $10 for their first class and $15 for each additional one; guests may also pay $60 for a five-class series. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn how to cook dishes with fair-trade ingredients at the Greenheart Shop (1911 W. Division St.; 312-264-1625, greenheartshop.org) on Tuesday, February 2nd from 6:30 to 8 p.m. The event, $15, also includes samples and wine; RSVP to email@example.com.
- Pump (1659 W. Division St.; 773-384-6750, pumpshoeschicago.com)holds its sixth annual shoe-per-bowl on Saturday, February 6th at 10 a.m. Take an additional 44 percent off sale merchandise.
- This month, Genevieve Lethu (900 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-423-9948, genevievelethu.net) holds its annual fabric sale with 20 percent off tablecloths, napkins, tea towels, table runners, and aprons.
- Wolfbait & B-girls (3131 W. Logan Blvd.; 312-698-8685, wolfbaitchicago.com) hosts a Sara Broadstreet jewelry trunk show Saturday, February 6th from 12 to 6 p.m.
- Save 30 percent on jewelry at Chic Gems (888-801-8265, chicgemsetc.com) through Wednesday, February 10th. Enter code “VAL30” to receive discount.
- Robin Richman (2108 N. Damen Ave.; 773 278-6150, robinrichman.com) kicks off its Love Cover Project art show with chocolate, Champagne, and more Sunday, February 7th from 2 to 6 p.m. The works will be on display through Sunday, February 14th.