Seeking to offer Chicagoans with a more lavish option on how to clear out their closets, lifelong friends Lindsay Segal and Brielle Buchberg recently launched Luxury Garage Sale (847-609-5012, luxurygaragesale.com), an upscale consignment service. Their approach is simple: The ladies will travel to your home, edit your items, and find the best venue—whether it’s a trunk show, a vintage boutique, eBay, Goodwill, etc.—for each piece; Buchberg and Segal take 35 percent of each item sold as commission. As the company name suggests, Luxury Garage Sale seeks the typical top designer brands—such as Gucci and Prada, but also lines like Theory and Marc by Marc Jacobs. “We pride ourselves on being an all-inclusive personal service,” says Segal. “If someone has 10 bags of clothing they want to get rid of but only a few items are able to be resold, we’ll still get rid of the [rest of the] items by donating them to a charity at no cost.” Luxury Garage Sale hosts its first-ever shopping event, offering new and gently used designer clothing, accessories, and shoes, ranging from $15 to $1,250, at Galleria Unico (1936 W. Division St., 2nd floor) on Saturday, February 12th, and Sunday, February 13th, from 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Shoppers will find a vintage white Chanel jacket ($995), Theory work pants ($35 to $50), Vince sweaters ($40 to 50), and an assortment of dresses ($50 to $200). “For accessories, we have every designer bag imaginable from all department stores and a great mix of costume jewelry,” Segal says. Ten percent of event proceeds will go to Dress for Success (dressforsuccess.org).
Top Sales This Week
Save up to 85 percent on everything at Nika le Butik (143 N. Northwest Hwy., Park Ridge; 847-696-1700, nikabutik.com) during its Valentine’s Day sale on Saturday, February 12th, and Sunday, February 13th. In addition to the deep discounts, guests get a free gift with each purchase, mimosas, snacks, a chocolate bar, hand massages, make up applications, and a raffle. Call 847-696-1700 to book a time for the complimentary spa services on Saturday.
For Valentine’s Day, the Downtown Highland Park Alliance (847-780-4293, downtownhp.com) features more than 20 different deals and events this month, including 25 percent off any one item at Kenzy Gifts & Décor (1849 Green Bay Rd., suite 109, Highland Park; 847- 780-4177, kenzydecor.com). Visit downtownhp.com and click on the Event Calendar tab for details on all promotions.
The Best of the Rest
- Save up to 80 percent on clothing and accessories samples as well as fall merchandise at Cynthia Rowley (810 W. Armitage Ave., 773-528-6160; cynthiarowley.com) Thursday, February 10th, through Sunday, February 13th.
- G Boutique (2131 N. Damen Ave.; 773-235-1234, boutiqueg.com) holds its 8th annual men’s event with models and martinis on Thursday, February 10th, from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Save 15 percent on Made To Measure suits and accessories at Neiman Marcus Northbrook (5000 Northbrook Ct., Northbrook; 847-564-0300, neimanmarcus.com) Monday, February 14th, through Sunday, February 27th.
- The Denim Lounge (2004 W. Roscoe St.; 773-935-2820, thedenimlounge.com) hosts its second annual Girls’ Night Out event on Wednesday, February 9th, from 6 to 9 p.m. The event features a free wine tasting from Lush Wine and Spirits (lushwineandspirits.com), a DL1961 (DL1961.com) trunk show, mini-seminars from G Boutique (boutiqueg.com), and 20 percent off all items at The Denim Lounge.
- Get a hair blowout and makeup application for $75 at Charles Ifergan (106 E. Oak St.; 312-642-4484; 380 Lake Cook Rd., Deerfield, 847- 940-0900; 17 W. 580 Butterfield Rd., Oak Brook, 630-916-8868; 2531 W. 75th St., Naperville, 630-717-4700; charlesifergan.com) on Friday, February 11th, and Saturday, February 12th.
- Spex (2316 N. Clark St.; 773-404-0777, spexchicago.com) holds its next “Art+Vision” event, featuring mixed media work by Susan Kadin and Marjorie Michel as well as drinks, appetizers, and a Lafont eyewear trunk show, on Wednesday, February 9th, from 5 to 8 p.m. Kadin and Michel’s work will be on display through March 23rd.
- Spend $200 at Posh Essentials (658 Central Ave., Highland Park; 847-945-POSH, shoppingposh.com) through Sunday, February 13th, and get a free box of Godiva chocolates. If you shop before Thursday, February 10th, you can get one dozen long-stemmed red roses instead. Also, on Tuesday, February 8th, the boutique holds an Eberjey Intimates (eberjey.com) trunk show and gift-card raffle.
- Evlove Intimates (888-583-8986, evloveintimates.com) features Valentine’s Day specials, including the camisole-and-lounge-pant combo ($150), a set of three thongs ($75), and a chemise-and-G-string combo ($130).
- Find Champagne, treats, and discounts as well as goods from Hanky Panky (hankypanky.com), Isabella Rose Designs jewelry (isabellarosedesigns.com), and HippMAMA accessories (thehippmama.com) at Elevenzees (1901 W. Division St.; 773-772-1150, elevenzees.com) on Saturday, February 12th.
- His Stuff (5314 N. Clark St., 773-989-9111; 3162 N. Broadway, 773-281-6111; hisstuffchicago.com) holds a Valentine’s Day watch and jewelry sale with 10 to 20 percent off Victorinox/Swiss Army watches; Tateossian cuff links, necklaces, and bracelets; and more through Monday, February 14th.
- Buy a bottle of Dom Pérignon ($425) from Seasons Restaurant at the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago (120 E. Delaware Pl.; 312-280-8800, fourseasons.com/chicagofs) on Monday, February 14th and get one night free in an executive Suite. Stays may take place that day or another day, based on availability.
Closings and Relocations
After more than 12 years, Kenneth Cole closed its only Chicago store at 540 North Michigan Avenue (kennethcole.com) last month. The Kenneth Cole suburban outlets (1650 Premium Outlets Blvd., Aurora, 630-692-1819; 6170 W. Grand Ave., Gurnee, 847-855-0835) remain open.