From Hickory Hills to the Gold Coast
After 30 years in the Southwest suburbs, Lili of Trieste (8711 W. 95th St., Hickory Hills; 708-598-3632), a special occasion and everyday wear shop, opened its second location on the chain-heavy block at 50 East Oak Street (312-915-0122) late last fall. The boutique discretely took the place of the Italian line Dismero in October 2009, and, while switching inventory, never closed the shop’s doors to the public. “I found the space, and I saw it as an opportunity,” says Lili Ceccotti, the owner and a veteran of the retail industry who originally hails from Trieste, Italy. “I’m just trying to the same thing that I do in the other store.” Though its Oak Street address may be slightly intimidating, Lili of Trieste carries high-end items for every budget in sizes 0 to 26. Casual pieces, including various tops from Last Tango, start at $39, while custom-made gowns, such as the one-strap, floor-length black-and-white gown from Obsessions Couture, range from $550 to $1,500. The shop also stays true to its city roots with locally produced items like a black camisole with attached black and red swirl cover-up from Andria Lieu ($129), and a ten-way wrap in various colors from Head Over Heels (from $99). During Lili of Trieste’s winter sale, get 20 to 50 percent off everything through Sunday, January 31st.
Top Sales This Week
Tula (3738 N. Southport Ave.; 773-549-2876, tulaboutique.com) holds its annual warehouse sale with deep discounts on clothing and accessories from Thursday, January 14th to Sunday, January 17th. Most items run between $29 and $199, with featured items such as a three-quarter sleeve coat from Nicole Farhi for $199 (originally $548) and plaid scarves by Organic for $99 (originally $219).
Kate Boggiano (2150 S. Canalport Ave., third floor; 773-474-7987, kateboggiano.com) holds its closed door sale with up to 55 percent off all inventory and samples on Saturday, January 16th from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tickets, free, are available for download at kateboggiano.com (search “closed door sale”); no entry without ticket.
The Best of the Rest
- The James Chicago Hotel (55 E. Ontario St.; 312-337-1000, jameshotels.com) offers special $129 rates for those who book a room before Sunday, January 17th. During the stay, which must take place before March 31st, 2010, guests receive a $50 credit that can be used to cover hotel parking; food and drinks at David Burke’s Primehouse or JBar lounge; or room service. For reservations, visit jameshotels.com/specials or call 312-337-1000.
- New yoga clients at Aphora Day Spa (2300 Chestnut Ave., Glenview; 847-510-1240, aphoradayspa.com) pay $10 for their first class throughout January. Also this month, all clients receive an 80-minute facial for $95 (regularly $120).
- Preggers (900 N. Michigan Ave.; 312.943.6262, preggersmaternity.com) discounts all winter items by 30 percent until they’re gone.
- Enjoy 30 percent off jewelry from Chic Gems (888-801-8265, chicgemsetc.com) through Saturday, January 30th. Enter promo code ‘CHICAGOMAG30’ at online checkout or mention during phone order to receive discount.
- HALO (FOR MEN) Gold Coast (21 W. Elm St.; 312-642-4256, halochicago.com) offers manicures, pedicures, 25-minute facials, and 25-minute massages for $20.10 each through Saturday, January 16th. Mention the promotion when booking an appointment.
- Save at least 50 percent on cashmere and knit sweaters as well as on selected seasonal merchandise at Mulberry & Me (2019 W. Division St.; 773-952-7551).
- Akira (for locations, akirachicago.com) holds its after-the-holidays sale with up to 80 percent off selected sale items through Monday, January 18th.
- Save up to 50 percent on floor model cribs, dressers, and more at Grow (1943 W. Division St.; 773-489-0009, grow-kids.com) until they’re gone.
- Elevenzees (1901 W. Division St.; 773-772-1150, elevenzees.com) takes 40 to 75 percent selected items during its winter sale through Friday, January 15th.
- The Design Center at the Merchandise Mart (merchandisemartdesigncenter.com) now features a Sample Sale Suite (222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1563; 773-852-6184) with samples and floor models from Kenneth Ludwig Home Furnishings, Casa Bella, Ebel, and more.
Closings and Relocations
After three years, Totem (35 S. Washington St., Hinsdale; 630-986-0900, shoptotem.com) closed its doors on Wednesday, January 6th. The boutique’s website remains open.Edit Module