Photo: jimmy hamelin / sephora
New Beauty on the Block
On Friday, cosmetics chain Sephora will open its first North Side location in Lincoln Park (938 W. North Ave, 312-274-0722, sephora.com). Doors open at 10 a.m. and the first 100 shoppers will score a gift card valued at up to $100. The new 5,000 square-foot store takes over the former Z Gallerie space and is stocked with 13,000 products from more than 200 brands.
Along with a roster of prestige brands such as Dior, Lancôme, and Josie Maran, the store has a Beauty Studio with a roster of complimentary walk-in services available at any time. Ask for a smoky eye tutorial, the winged-out liner look, or a faux lash application. If you’re after a full makeover, call to schedule an appointment and receive your 60-minute session for free when you make a $50 purchase.
Top Sales This Week
Sofia (100 E. Walton St., Ste. 106, 312-640-0878, sofialivelovely.com) hosts a vintage accessories trunk show with New York-based vendor VTG Wonderland (vtgwonderland.com) on Saturday from noon to 6 p.m. Find a treasure trove of vintage accessories from the likes of Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld, and YSL. There will also be a raffle to win a Givenchy heart pendant necklace.
The Denim Lounge (43 E. Oak St., 312-642-6403 and 2039 W. Roscoe St., 773-935-2820, thedenimlounge.com) is on a mission to rid the city of the dreaded “mom jeans.” Call the store to order the $198 Mother’s Day package, which includes a consultation with a denim expert, one new pair of jeans (with complimentary original hemming, if needed), a free necklace, and a glass of wine while she shops.
The Best of the Rest
- In honor of Mother’s Day, all dresses at Cynthia Rowley (1653 N. Damen Ave., 773-276-9209 and 810 W. Armitage Ave., 773-528-6160, cynthiarowley.com) are 20 percent off this week. Shop the sale through Sunday in-store or online using the code MOMANDME.
- SEE Eyewear at Water Tower Place (835 N. Michigan Ave., Ste. 209, 312-475-9855, seeeyewear.com) holds a Mother’s Day sale Friday through Sunday. All moms will score $100 off a complete pair (frame and prescription glasses) of SEE eyewear that totals $250 or more.
- Attention, moms-to-be: All maternity apparel at Preggers (900 N. Michigan Ave., 5th Floor, 312-943-6262, preggersmaternity.com) is 15 percent off through Sunday.
- Shop feminine frocks by Samantha Sleeper (samantha-sleeper.com), handmade ceramics by Up in the Air Somewhere (upintheairsomewhere.com), and sweet eats from Eclair Bakery & Patisserie (eclair-bakery.com) at Dose Market (dosemarket.com), which returns to the River East Art Center (435 E. Illinois St., 312-321-1001, rivereastartcenter.com) on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tickets cost $8 in advance or $10 at the door.
- Le Remède Waxing and French Skincare Boutique (1900 W. Chicago Ave., 312-265-0257, leremedechicago.com) in West Town hosts a Mom and Me Facial event on Sunday. Get two facials for $70 (originally $80) along with complimentary mimosas and wine. Through the end of May, the spa is also offering 20 percent off retail items and half-priced body treatments when you purchase a full-priced treatment.
- North Shore boutique Posh Essentials (658 Central Ave., 847-945-7674, Highland Park, shoppingposh.com) celebrates its fourth anniversary with a Mother’s Day event on Thursday from 6:30 to 9 p.m. The evening will feature free mini-makeovers with makeup artist Claudio Riaz (claudioriaz.com), hair styling by BloOuts (bloouts.com), and anti-aging mini-facials by local skin care expert Anastasia Paras.
- Shop hundreds of pieces of outdoor furniture priced up to 75 percent off at the Outdoor Furniture Sample Sale, held at The Design Center at The Merchandise Mart (222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, 15th and 16th Floors, 800-677-6278, merchandisemartdesigncenter.com/outdoorsamplesale). The sale runs Wednesday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
- NARS founder and creative director Francois Nars makes a cameo at the Mag Mile’s Nordstrom (55 E. Grand Ave., 312-464-1515, nordstrom.com) to sign copies of his book, X-Ray, on Saturday from 2 to 4 p.m. Call the store to make an appointment with the NARS team and you’ll receive a free tote with a $200 purchase.
- Vision Boutique (948 W. Madison St., 312-829-6800, vision-boutique.com) will raffle off a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses during a Ray-Ban trunk show on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Make plans to be at the store at 2:30 p.m. to enter the drawing.
- Now through Mother’s Day, Urban Oasis (12 W. Maple St., Ste. 3, 312-587-3500 and 939 W. North Ave., 312-640-0001, urbanoasismassage.com) is offering 10 percent off massage gift cards for Mom, in-store on online with the code MOM.
- Riley (1659 N. Damen Ave., 773-489-0101, shopriley.com) is still running its “Lost Our Lease” sale. Additional markdowns have been made and pieces are now up to 75 percent off.
Family-run accessory and handbag boutique Notice (notice-this.com) holds a grand opening soiree and handbag trunk show at its new Andersonville location (5028 N. Clark St., 872-208-3483) on Friday from 3 to 7 p.m. and Saturday from noon to 5 p.m. During the event, shoppers can enter to win a Mosey bag (moseylife.com) at the new shop as well as Notice’s Barrington (202 S. Cook St., 224-655-2085) and Evanston (2112 Central St., 847-905-0947) locations.
2 days ago