One of the latest fall openings, Kiz Chicago (2035 W. Division St.; 773-278-9800, kizchicago.com) features trendy, outside the box fashion for locals looking to stand out from the crowd. “The boutique is for those who are fashion forward,” says Filiz Turan, who owns the shop with her sister, Simal. “We went for brands that caught our eyes by having funky cuts or funky looks.” Most of the clothing—shirts, dresses, and pants—ranges from $30 to $100; jackets, handbags, and shoes go for more than $100. Our favorites include Giavanno leather spike heel boots ($179), a leather fringe handbag from India ($215), black faux-leather pants ($85), and a real mink shawl in brown and black ($150). While maintaining the store’s focus on new trends, the Turans, originally from Munster, Indiana, show their family ties to Turkey by naming the boutique Kiz (which means “girl” in Turkish) and by carrying unusual imported items such as “evil eye” jewelry from Istanbul ($9 to $32).
Top Sales This Week
Along Division Street between Milwaukee Avenue and Leavitt Street, the Do-Division Holiday Walk (312-961-5583, do-division.com) offers deals from local bars, restaurants, and stores as well as free trolley rides to the annual Renegade Craft Fair Holiday Sale (renegadecraft.com/Chicago-holiday-trolley) on Saturday, December 4th, and Sunday, December 5th. On Saturday, enjoy the latest fashions during the Do-Division Holiday After Party Fashion Show, 10:30 p.m. at Evil Olive (1551 W. Division St.; 773-235-9100, evil-olive.com); tickets are $15 and you must be 21. Show a receipt from any Do-Division Holiday purchase and get $5 off one ticket.
Find more than 35 local designers and independent boutiques—including 1154 Lill Studio (1154lill.com), Michelle Tan (michelletan.com), and House of Sole (houseofsole.net)—at the third annual Glitter Holiday Shopping Event on Tuesday, November 30th, and Wednesday, December 1st, from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., at the Chicago Cultural Center (78 E. Washington St., 2nd floor).
The Best of the Rest
- Cerato Boutique (3451 N. Southport Ave.; 773-248-8604, ceratoboutique.com) kicks off its 12 Days of Shopping event on Friday, December 3rd with holiday cocktails and 15 percent off Kristin Hassan’s holiday collection. The holiday shopping event, which runs through Tuesday, December 14th, includes daily deals, designer series, and more. Visit ceratoboutique.com for more information.
- The Evanston Central Street Business Association’s Holiday Open House (centralstreet-evanston.com) on Sunday, December 5th from noon to 5 p.m. includes discounts and deals from dozens of local retail stores and restaurants, such as holiday treats, gift wrapping, and 20 percent off full-priced items at Gavin Boutique (1939 Central St.; 847-328-7407, shopgavin.com) as well as 15 percent off everything and a free gift with any $50 purchase at Stella (2116 Central St.; 847-864-5565, stellaevanston.com)
- Winterfest (773-327 5123, rvcc.biz) returns to Roscoe Village on Saturday, December 4th and Sunday, December 5th. The event kicks off with the tree lighting at 5 p.m., at Nohea Café (2142 W. Roscoe St.). Other attractions include late-night shopping and dining, a horse-drawn sleigh, carolers, trolley rides, and Santa.
- The old Stellar26 storefront at 4164 North Lincoln Avenue hosts a Holiday Trunk Show with items from Malia Designs (maliadesigns.com), Vfish (vfishdesigns.com), wine, cupcakes, and more on Thursday, December 2nd, from 5 to 10 p.m.
- Green Home Experts (823 S. Oak Park Ave., Oak Park; 708-660-1443, ghexperts.com) holds its Red & Green Holiday Party and Sale with hot chocolate, snacks, wine, cheese, and 20 percent off everything on Saturday, December 4th, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Bring in a non-perishable food item for discounts on future holiday shopping.
- Neiman Marcus (737 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-642-5900, neimanmarcus.com) takes 40 percent off all women’s apparel departments as well as 33 percent off men’s suits, dress shirts, shoes, accessories and sportswear departments starting Wednesday, December 1st.
- Enjoy holiday discounts this week at Sofia (72 E. Oak St.; 312-640-0878, sofiavintage.com). Save 20 percent on selected vintage clothing and accessories on Tuesday, November 30th. Spend more to receive bigger discounts on Wednesday, December 1st. On Thursday, December 2nd, enjoy 15 percent off party dresses; on Friday, December 3rd, take 20 percent off all shoes.
- Le Dress (1741 W. Division St.; 773-697-9899, ledresschicago.com) holds its annual All I Want for the Holidays event with discounts up to 20 percent on Thursday, December 2nd, from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Enjoy ZAMRIE and Nora del Busto trunk shows at Local Lookbook (1211 W. Webster Ave.; 773-525-7421, locallookbook.com) on Saturday, December 4th, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The designers will be at the boutique from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Ladies Night Out returns to downtown Glen Ellyn (downtownglenellyn.com) on Tuesday, November 30th, from 6 to 9 p.m., with deals from Escape Salon & Spa (505 Crescent Blvd.; 630-469-1960), AliKat (499 Pennsylvania Ave.; 630-469-5760, alikatboutique.com), and others. The $10 ticket (available at downtownglenellyn.com) includes three cocktails, appetizers, and valet parking.
5 days ago