All You Can Carry
Focusing on footwear and accessories for men, Haberdash EDC (611 N. State St.; 312-646-7870) opens Friday, November 25 on the same block as its “brother” store, Haberdash (607 N. State St.; 312-624-8551), which carries men’s apparel. “We’ve already had success on State Street,” says Jerry Kamhi, who co-owns, with Adam Beltzman, the local chain of Haberdash stores (haberdashmen.com for locations). “Naturally, the thing to do was to expand our accessories and footwear offerings.” Haberdash EDC (EDC being short for the military phrase, “every day carry”) features a selection of caps, scarves, boots, watches, totes, pens, key chains, apothecary items, and more. “It’s about having the right tools in your pocket or bag to deal with everyday life, whether you’re walking down the streets of Chicago or out traveling around the world,” says Kamhi. The shop’s three footwear sections stock dress, sport, and seasonal shoes and boots from suppliers such as Alden (aldenshoes.com), Eastland (eastlandshoe.com), Wolverine (wolverine.com), Timberland (timberland.com), and Grenson (grenson.co.uk). Accessories include a carbon fiber pocketknife from Benchmade ($85), quartz chronograph watches from Victorinox Swiss Army (from $300), and scented soy-wax candles from Baxter of California ($50). Men can even stop by for in-store grooming: Shaves and haircuts in the shop’s barber chair also will be available soon.
Top Sales This Week
Various retailers in Southport Corridor hold Black Friday specials this Friday, November 25. Deals include 25 percent off all black merchandise at M2 Boutique (3527 N. Southport Ave.; 773-248-9866, mboutiquechicago.com), up to 50 percent off select offerings at Uncle Dan’s (3551 N. Southport Ave.; 773-348-5800, udans.com), and 20 percent off most in-stock items at Stella Blue Design (3714 N. Southport Ave.; 773-883-2583, stellabluedesign.com).
The 900 Shops (900 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-915-3916, shop900.com) offer the chance to win a $500 900 Shops shopping spree, a one-night stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago (fourseasons.com/chicagofs/), a makeover from Mario Tricoci (tricoci.com), a L’Occitane gift basket (loccitane.com), and more. Starting Friday, November 25, shoppers receive an entry voucher for every purchase of at least $50 at participating 900 Shops stores through Saturday, December 24. Visit shop900.com/holiday/#giveaway for details.
The Best of the Rest
- Le Dress (1741 W. Division St.; 773-697-9899, ledresschicago.com) takes 15 percent off everything in the store Wednesday, November 23. Savings continue after Thanksgiving with daylong discounts on Friday, November 25, including 40 percent off all merchandise from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., 30 percent off from 12 to 3 p.m., and 20 percent off from 3 to 7 p.m.
- Chicago Premium Outlets (1650 Premium Outlets Blvd., Aurora; 630-585-2200, premiumoutlets.com/chicago) kicks off its annual after-Thanksgiving weekend sale with extra discounts and extended hours at participating stores on Friday, November 25 at midnight. Select shops, including A|X Armani Exchange and Calvin Klein, open at 9 p.m. Thursday, November 24; others, such as Dooney & Bourke, open at 10 p.m. Visit premiumoutlets.com for a complete list of stores, opening times, and discounts.
- Perchance (11 E. Walton St.; 773-244-1300, perchanceboutique.com) at the Elysian hotel takes 30 percent off all black merchandise on Friday, November 25.
- Wonder! (250 S. Waukegan Rd., Deerfield; 224-330-6400, shopwonder.com), a children’s store, offers deals on Friday, November 25, starting at 6 a.m. Guests receive free embroidering on items from Hoohobbers, as well as a free Hip Hoppy animal with any $100 Zutano apparel purchase. The first 200 shoppers also receive a complimentary gift card worth up to $500.
- Second Time Around (823 W. Armitage Ave.; 773-698-6260, secondtimearound.net) takes 50 percent off regular-price merchandise (excluding furs) from 7 to 9 a.m. on Friday, November 25. After Friday, the shop extends a 30 percent discount through Sunday, November 27.
- Cynthia Rowley (1653 N. Damen Ave., 773-276-9209; 810 W. Armitage Ave., 773-528-6160; cynthiarowley.com) offers 30 percent off fall 2011 clothing on Friday, November 25. The boutique continues the discount at 20 percent off on Saturday, November 26 and Sunday, November 27.
- Spacio (2706 N. Halsted St.; 773-244-6500, spaciospa.com) holds a gift card special Friday, November 25 through Monday, November 28: Purchase one $100 spa gift card and receive four $25 spa gift cards free.
- Porcelanosa (222 Merchandise Mart Plaza; 312-204-6220, porcelanosa-usa.com) takes 40 percent off tile, vanities, faucets, kitchen cabinets, and more Wednesday, November 23 through Wednesday, November 30.
5 days ago
3 weeks ago