Euro Street Style
Amsterdam-based Scotch and Soda (1639 N. Damen Ave., 773-687-8980, scotch-soda.com) quietly opened its first Chicago store in Bucktown over the weekend. If you’re not familiar with the Dutch clothier, imagine if J.Crew and AllSaints had a baby—that’s Scotch and Soda in a nutshell. The men’s collection focuses on basics such as checked button downs, slim-fit chinos, and everyday denim, while the women’s line is a little more daring with biker skinnies, sequin-embellished sweaters, and beaded blazers.
Just a few doors down from Scotch and Soda, Parisian parfumeur Diptyque (1645 N. Damen Ave., 773-252-3989, diptyqueparis.com) is putting the finishing touches on its first Chicago store, which opens Friday. Diptyque (pronounced dip-teek) is best known for its line of luxury candles in fragrances (such as firewood-scented feu de bois) that walk the line between masculine and feminine ($28-$60), along with personal fragrances and body care products. Expect the shop to have an upscale feel with printed wallpaper, hardwood finishes, and the pièce de résistance: a double-halo, stainless steel chandelier suspended from the ceiling with 100 mini Diptyque candleholders.
Top Sales This Week
It comes as news to no one that Black Friday deals abound, and Cityblue Apparel & Denim (1444 N. Wells St., 312-664-2222) and CB (662 N. Western Ave., Lake Forest, 847-283-8888) are hosting two of the best we’ve found. Tiered sales kick off with 50 percent off all purchases from 12 to 1 p.m., followed by 40 percent off from 1 to 2 p.m., 30 percent off from 2 to 3 p.m., and 20 percent off from 3 to 5 p.m. If you’re more of a stay-at-home bargain-hunter, peruse the 30 percent off site-wide online (shopcityblue.com) sale on Cyber Monday.
Tru Blooms Chicago (trubloomschicago.com), creator of a locally sourced perfume made from flowers grown in Grant Park and other gardens around the city, is extending an exclusive deal to Sales Check readers: Score 20 percent off and free shipping on a 3.4 or 1.7 oz. bottle with code “CHIMAGFREE” from midnight on Black Friday through Cyber Monday.
The Best of the Rest
- Treat yourself to a pre-Thanksgiving service at Blowtique (1 E. Huron St., 312-280-2400, blowtique.com) tomorrow and receive a complimentary Jouer Cosmetics cheek tint ($20 value) with your blowout.
- Cynthia Rowley (cynthiarowley.com) is slashing prices on her fall collection by up to 60 percent on Friday, at both the Bucktown (1653 N. Damen Ave., 773-276-9209) and Lincoln Park (810 W. Armitage Ave., 773-528-6160) locations.
- Take one-third off any full-priced item at Haberdash Bespoke (607 N. State St., 312-624-8551) and Haberdash EDC (611 N. State St., 312-646-7870) on Friday. Check for additional deals on the men store’s new e-commerce site (haberdashmen.com) come Cyber Monday.
- Refresh your footwear selection and take 20 to 30 percent off select shoes, boots, and accessories at City Soles (2001 W. North Ave., 773-489-2001, citysoles.com) on Friday.
- Set your alarm early to shop Cerato Boutique’s (3451 N. Southport Ave., 773-248-8604, ceratoboutique.com) Black Friday sale. From 8 to 9 a.m., receive 40 percent off your entire purchase; from 9 to 10 a.m., enjoy 30 percent off; and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., take 20 percent off.
- Beginning Friday and continuing through the weekend, the Starr Couture (75 E. Walton St., 847-962-2207, starrcouture.com) pop-up shop is offering 30 percent off all items and a complimentary gift valued at $250 with any purchase over $300 (while supplies last).
- One of the more clever sale ideas we’ve heard is happening at Perchance (11 E. Walton St., 773-244-1300, perchanceboutique.com), where anything not black will be 25 percent off on in-store and online (use the code “BLACKFRIDAY25”) on Friday.
- From 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Friday, nab 30 percent off men’s and women’s workout gear from brands such as Nike, Adidas by Stella McCartney, and Rese at The Shop @ Equinox (equinox.com for locations).
- Sofia (100 E. Walton St., Suite 106, 312-640-0878, sofialivelovely.com) is partnering with Benefit Cosmetics to give shoppers mini-makeovers on Friday. Another reason to stop by: All regularly priced merch will be 23 percent off on November 23rd, 24 percent off on the 24th, and 25 percent off on the 25th.
1 week ago