Twice is Nice
When the interior designer Kathleen Newhouse opened Park Place Interiors in Geneva, she wanted to offer her customers more than deep discounts on John Richard, Habersham, Highland House, Hancock & Moore, and Wesley Hall. So Newhouse set up vignettes using each one-of-a-kind item in different styles and different groupings so that her customers could easily see what they like. “People think that because we offer such big discounts that we’re a discount warehouse. But at a warehouse, items tend be to discontinued or out of style. That’s not what you’ll find here,” says Newhouse. After five years of success, Newhouse recently opened a second boutique, called Park Place Loft (125 N. York St., Elmhurst; 630 530 4470, parkplace-interiors.com) in Elmhurst. “We were in the western-western suburbs, and I wanted to get closer to the city. The new location is easy access for those in the city and the suburbs to reach.” Similar to its predecessor, Park Place Loft features designer furniture, area rugs, accessories, and wall décor, starting at 50 percent off retail store prices. Our recent favorites include a Bruno swivel chair by Paul Roberts ($1,689), black French-influenced barrel chairs by John Richard ($899 each), and an espoir-decorated chest by Habersham ($3,139). Through Sunday, October 31st, shoppers get an extra 20 percent off fabrics for windows, bedding, and area rugs.
Top Sales This Week
Indagare Pop Up Souk (indagare.com) features handcrafted jewelry, leather bags, and cashmere from more than 20 artists around the globe at the Peninsula Hotel (108 E. Superior St.; 312-337-2888, peninsula.com) on Tuesday, October 26th, through Thursday, October 28th.
Enjoy dinner and a fashion show in your pajamas at Cab’s Wine Bar Bistro (430 N. Main St., Glen Ellyn; 630-942-9463, cabsbistro.com) on Wednesday, November 3rd at 6:30 p.m. Tickets, $35, include Champagne toast, appetizers, entrée, and dessert. Reservations are strongly recommended; call 630-942-9463 to book a table.
The Best of the Rest
- The Golden Triangle (330 N. Clark St.; 312-755-1266, goldentriangle.biz) celebrates 21 years with the shop’s largest collection of British Colonial antiques and refreshments on Saturday, October 30th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- For Halloween, Chic Gems (888-801-8265, chicgemscouture.com) takes $30 off any $75 purchase through Sunday, October 31st. Use promo code “CHICHALLOWEEN” to get discount.
- Barque Canine Couture (312-266-6683, barque.biz) features coats, raincoats, hand-knit sweaters, and puppy blankets from the U.S., Canada, and Australia at Mary Walter (33 W. Superior St.; 312-266-1094) on Thursday, October 28th, from 4 to 8 p.m. Dogs welcome. RSVP to email@example.com.
- Buy two items from Sofia (72 E. Oak St.; 312-640-0878, sofiavintage.com), and get the third at 50 percent off through Thursday, October 28th.
- Leslie Hindman Auctioneers (1338 W. Lake St.; 312-280-1212, lesliehindman.com) holds its first Asian Works of Art auction with ivory, silver, fine furniture, paintings, and more from China, Japan, India, and Southeast Asia on Tuesday, October 26th. Featured items include a pair of spinach jade bowls, a Chinese gilt-and-filigree silver clock top, and an 18th-century carved celadon jade boulder. Sessions take place at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- To raise awareness for men’s cancers, HALO [For Men] (for locations, halochicago.com) encourages men to grow a moustache this November. Those who sign up to participate at any Chicagoland location will receive 50 HALO reward points, half off hair products through 2010, free moustache trims in November, and free ’stash removal in December. Women who register as a “Mo-Sister” will receive 50 percent off a personal styling, closet consultation, or personal shopping service from ShopWalk (chicagoshopwalk.com).
- Stella (2116 Central St., Evanston; 847-864-5565, stellaevanston.com) holds a Carole Richey jewelry trunk show Saturday, October 30th, through Saturday, November 6th. Richey will be in the boutique for a meet and greet on the 30th.
- Find sheepskin boots, sandals, and footwear during the Koolaburra trunk show at Madison and Friends and The Denim Lounge (43 E. Oak St.; 312-642-6403, madisonandfriends.com) on Friday, October 29th, from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Neapolitan (715 Elm St., Winnetka; 847-441-7784, neapolitanonline.com) hosts Naeem Khan and Ranjana Khan trunk shows Thursday, October 28th, through Saturday, October 30th.
- Glam Luxe Boutique (1900 S. Clark St.; 877-452-6589, glamluxe.net), a new salon featuring extension specialists, holds its launch party with the model and actress Jennifer Williams, cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, music, and shopping on Monday, November 1st, from 6:30 to 11 p.m.
4 hours ago