The Apple Vacations (“Sweepstakes”) starts at 9:01AM CT on July 12, 2019, and ends at 9:30 p.m. CT on July 17, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”). This Sweepstakes will be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsors. The Sweepstakes is intended for play in the United States only, and is void where prohibited and outside the Sweepstakes area set forth below. Do not participate if you are not eligible and not located in the United States at the time of entry.
1) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents residing in the Illinois counties of Cook, Lake, McHenry, Kane, DuPage, or Will; who are 21 years and older as of the first day of the Sweepstakes Period. Entrant also must, on or before the beginning of the Sweepstakes Period, have a mobile device that supports the Instagram application. Employees (and their immediate household or family members) of Chicagoland Publishing Company, LLC, publisher of Chicago magazine, Apple Vacations (and its properties, sponsors, and vendors) (collectively, Chicagoland Publishing Company and Apple Vacations will be referred to as “Sponsors”) and any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries, and any of the advertising agencies, prize providers, promotion and delivery contractors and/or public relations companies associated with this Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate. Immediate family members include spouse, parents, siblings, and children and their respective spouses. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that all eligibility requirements are met as well as proof of ownership of the email address associated with the winning entry. Void where prohibited and outside the above-listed area.
2) How to Enter: There are two ways to enter—onsite at the Chicago’s Best Restaurants event at Galleria Marchetti (325 West Erie Street, Chicago) on July 17, 2019 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. (the “Event”) and via Instagram. To enter at the Event, visit the Apple Vacations lounge and enter your personal information on the provided survey entry form (while supplies last). Event entries must be handwritten and copies will not be accepted. To enter via Instagram, visit Chicago magazine’s Instagram feed at www.instagram.com/chicagomag/and find the Sweepstakes post, which will include #giveaway, then “like” the photo in the post. The “Photos are Private” option in your Instagram account settings must be set to “OFF” so that your Instagram profile is public and thus viewable by the Sponsors. If there is a dispute over who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to enter. The authorized account holder of an Instagram account is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to an Instagram account by Instagram. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Incomplete entries will be disqualified, and Sponsors are not responsible for entries that are lost, late, stolen, deleted, garbled, corrupted, misdelivered, or misdirected. All entries must be received by the close of the Sweepstakes Period. Limit one entry per person, regardless of method of entry; multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified if discovered by Sponsors.
3) Winner Selection, Notification, and Verification: On or about the first business day after the close of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsors will select potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Sponsors will make all decisions in any and all issues related to this Sweepstakes, and their decisions will be final and binding in all respects. Sponsors will attempt to contact potential winner by email or telephone. Potential winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release as well as an Apple Vacations Reservation Request Form and must do so within seven days of the date Sponsors send forms to winner. Winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining entries (time permitting) if: (a) winner does not claim his or her prize within 72 hours of first notification attempt; (b) winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; © winner does not adhere to these Official Rules; (d) winner does not provide required identification or documents by the deadlines set by Sponsors; and/or (e) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined.
4) Prize and Delivery: There is one grand prize. The grand prize is a four-day, three-night trip for two to Secrets The Vine in Cancun, Mexico. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) is $3,248. Trip consists of three-nights accommodations (one standard room), round-trip charter air for two from a Chicago-area airport, transfers to/from resort, non-motorized watersports at the resort, all food/drinks at the resort, and the assistance of an Apple Representative. Trip is valid for travel through July 31, 2020. Taxes, insurance, any applicable baggage fees, and additional expenses (such as optional excursions, spa treatments, phone calls and souvenirs) not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. All departure/immigration taxes, insurance and fuel surcharges (approximately $375-450 USD per person, subject to change) must be paid by winner to Apple Vacations prior to departure.
All vacations are approved on a promotional basis and are subject to availability. Blackout dates apply. Travel dates are final and will not be extended. Travel is not permitted during holiday periods including both five days prior to and after. Trips are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Apple Vacations reserves the right to substitute the vacation with another of equal value, equal Apple rating or within the same hotel chain should any unforeseen circumstance occur. Hotel to be determined by Apple Vacations. Trips are valid for two adults ONLY per room and do not include any special promotions. NO room upgrades.
If actual value is less than stated ARV, difference in prize value will not be awarded. All prize details will be at Sponsors’ sole discretion. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash and may not be sold, bartered or auctioned. Prize may not be substituted except that Sponsors in their discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary or as otherwise provided herein. Any such changes will be announced by Sponsor. Any portion of the prize not used by winner is forfeit and no cash substitute will be offered or permitted. Prize offered is provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Sponsors. Guest of winner must be 21 or older. Guest may be required to sign and return release prior to joining winner on prize trip. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsors award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
5) Other Conditions: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, waive and hold harmless Sponsors, Tribune Publishing, AMResorts, Instagram, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from any and all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney’s fees) resulting from submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; the receipt, ownership or use of the prize; preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, or; any printing, typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of the prize. Neither the failure of Sponsors to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsors in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsors’ right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. Sponsors also reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. If there is any discrepancy between any term of these Official Rules and marketing or entry materials used in connection with the Sweepstakes, these Official Rules will govern.
By accepting the prize, winner agrees, where legal, to allow Sponsor and its agents and licensees to use winner’s name, voice, photograph, likeness, any statement provided by winner, and any information provided on the entry form, in any medium of communication, including advertising, promotional or other purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes, without additional compensation.
6) Instagram/Fraud/Tampering: If for any reason the Instagram portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these Official Rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsors’ sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Internet portion this Sweepstakes. If the Instagram portion of this Sweepstakes is canceled, the Sponsors will conduct a random drawing to award prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation and all Event entries, provided Sponsors are able to do so. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted on Chicago magazine’s Instagram feed. Sponsors reserve the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at their sole discretion, Sponsors find such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsors determine to be not fair or equitable; (b) in an annoying, threatening or harassing manner; or © in any other disruptive manner. Sponsors assume no liability for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; © any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Sweepstakes website or any combination thereof.
7) In Case of Dispute: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and © under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. This Sweepstakes will be governed and enforced pursuant to Illinois law, excluding choice of law provisions. The federal and state courts located in Cook County, Illinois will be the exclusive forum for any dispute regarding any Official Rule or activity associated with the Sweepstakes. All entrants agree, by participation in the Sweepstakes, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Cook County, Illinois.
8) Official Rules/Winner List: For an Official Winner List (available after the end of the Sweepstakes Period), or a copy of these Official Rules, send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Apple Vacations Winner List, Chicago magazine, 160 N. Stetson Ave., Floor 4, Chicago, IL, 60601. Official Rules are also available at www.chicagomag.com/instarules. All requests for Official Rules or Winner List must be received within 60 days of the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
9) Sponsors: Chicagoland Publishing Company, LLC, 160 N. Stetson Ave., Floor 4, Chicago, IL, 60601; Apple Vacations, 101 NW Point Blvd., Elk Grove Village, IL 60007.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsors, not Instagram.