- Cynthia Rowley (1653 N. Damen Ave., 773-276-9209, cynthiarowley.com) is holding a sample sale at its Bucktown boutique. One-of-a-kind collection samples, ready-to-wear apparel, shoes, and accessories from past seasons will be marked up to 80 percent off. The sale runs from Friday, August 22 through Sunday, August 24.
- The shops along North Michigan Avenue are turning inside out this weekend. On Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., retailers like Macy’s and American Girl Place will set up pop-up shops for ShopFest, part of the annual Magnificent Mile Shopping Festival (themagnificentmile.com). Some highlights: A stage will be set up outside of the 900 North Michigan Shops showcasing fall looks and The Art Institute of Chicago will be setting up a pop-up art installation.
- More than 250,000 art enthusiasts are expected to descend on Highland Park this weekend for the annual Port Clinton Art Festival (600 Central Ave., amdurproductions.com). If you need help navigating the more than 260 artists at the show, Amy Amdur, the founder of Amdur Productions, will be giving guided tours on Saturday and Sunday at 1 p.m. to highlight the best work in each category.
- Boutiques along Wells Street in Old Town will host the 3rd Annual Shop Wells, a weekend-long shopping event with trunk shows, workshops, and in-store discounts. The full list of participating stores can be found at oldtownchicago.org. Some notables: 30 percent off of new fall merchandise plus a gift with purchase at Adelaide (1704 N. Wells St.), an additional 40 percent off sale items plus a $25 gift card for purchases of $100 or more at Sara Jane (1343 N. Wells St.), and up to 70 percent off sale items and 15 percent off all full-priced merchandise at Handle With Care (1706 N. Wells).
- The second annual Bucktown Summer Soiree (wickerparkbucktown.com) is on Saturday from noon to 4 p.m. Special in-store promotions and complimentary treats and sweets will be offered at more than 20 businesses on Damen Avenue (between Webster St. and Bloomingdale Trail Bridge. Just look for the balloons outside participating stores. Some of our favorites include Apt Number 9 (1804 N. Damen Ave.), Vivid Braille (2064 N. Damen Ave), and Robin Richman (2108 N. Damen Ave).
- Luxury Garage Sale is holding a private Chanel sale this week. The online-only event includes hundreds of Chanel pieces (handbags, clothing, and accessories). The only way to access the sale is by signing up at luxurygaragesale.com.
- In Oak Park, home store Update (122 N. Marion St., 708-358-0770, updateinteriors.com) is holding its first summer sale. Select items are marked 20 percent off, now until supplies last. Some sale findings: Plat Du Jour paper chevron placemats were $32, now $25.60; R.Nichols candles were $48, now $38.40; and a turquoise snakeskin frame by Bergen was $128, now $102.40.
- Chicago handbag designer Mia Bossi’s new line of phone accessories are 30 percent off this week. Shop tandjdesigns.com and use code thankyou3.
2 weeks ago