Top Sale This Week
Through July 6, Penelope’s boutique in Wicker Park (1913 W. Division St., shoppenelopes.com) is offering 25 percent off its made-in-the-U.S.A. inventory. This includes beachy baja shorts from Mollusk, a lightweight, cropped kimono by Curator, and—for the gentlemen—printed ties from The Hill-Side. As it happens, there’s a lot of red, white, and blue featured in this inventory. The deals are also available online; enter the code “USA” at checkout.
The Best of the Rest
Madison Hall (71 E. Madison St., madisonhallchicago.com), the new venture from Space519 owners Jim Wetzel and Lance Lawson, opens at the Chicago Athletic Association on Friday. The 1930s-inspired store has clothing and accessories for men and women—not to mention fresh flower arrangements, magazines, and chips and salsa. Store hours will be 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. Read more about the shop here.
- SoulCycle, the trendy fitness studio that packs cycling fanatics into candlelit studios, opens a new Chicago location on July 2. At 111 West Wacker Street, the 4,000-square-foot venue holds 67 bikes and a lifestyle boutique. To schedule a class, click here.
- In honor of this week’s holiday, the accessories and home boutique Elements (741 N. Wells St., elementschicago.com) is holding a “fourth off” sale through July 3. Translation: you can score 25 percent off Elements’ summer-entertaining drink and dinnerware, which is available in store or online.
Bucketfeet, the artist-designed footwear brand that recently scored $7.5 million in funding, will host a “Startup Talk Q&A” at its new Bucktown location (1647 N. Damen Ave.) on July 8. The company’s CEO and co-founder Raaja Nemani will offer tips on launching a startup in Chicago. The event is free to attend. Find more information here.
- All month long, Vividbraille hosts a pop-up shop at The Wit Hotel (201 N. State St., thewithotel.com). Vividbraille has its own fashion label that’s inspired by American craftsmanship and street style, and a brick-and-mortar space in Bucktown (2064 N. Damen Ave., vividbraille.com)
- Fashion Outlets of Chicago (5220 Fashion Outlets Way, Rosemont, fashionoutletsofchicago.com) will offer additional savings at its designer outlets July 3 to 5. Sales include an extra 40 percent off the entire BCBG Max Azria store, an additional 60 percent off already reduced merchandise at Calypso St. Barth, and more.
- ENAZ (enaz.com), which has locations in Highland Park, Northfield, and Libertyville, is offering 20 percent off on all clothing through July 5; items on the sale rack are also discounted. The casual women’s shop stocks labels such as Rails, J Brand, and Chaser.
- Second Time Around is offering 20 percent off entire purchases (excluding select items) July 2 to 5. The consignment store sells items from brands such as Rag & Bone and Vera Wang and has three local outposts. See all the locations here.