This weekend, a new local boutique for babes called Monica + Andy opens in Lincoln Park. The infant and toddler clothing line is designed by Monica Royer, a working Chicago mom who spent a year scrutinizing fabrics until she procured the softest (and safest) blend possible.
More than just a place to shop (though shop you will–everything from cuddly blankets and bibs to seersucker suits and tutu dresses), the store is a meeting place for moms. An in-store “milk and cookie” bar will serve up healthy plant-based cookies and milk, and music and exploration classes for mom and baby will be offered regularly.
Opening weekend kicks off on Saturday with batches of cookies and complimentary activities for families. On Saturday, June 21, stop in for toddler yoga at 11:30 a.m. or art class at 4 p.m. On Sunday, the kids can sing along with Miss Aimee Leigh from noon to 2 p.m. or take toddler yoga at 4 p.m.
Monica + Andy is located at 2038 N. Halsted in Lincoln Park. Store hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday; 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
The Best of the Rest
- Suburban women’s boutique Enaz (enaz.com) is holding a Jewelry Warehouse Sale this week with pieces marked 40 to 60 percent off. The sale is at the Enaz in Highland Park (444 Central Ave.) today, June 17 before it moves to Northfield (309 Happ Rd.) on Wednesday and Libertyville (111 W. Church St.) on Thursday.
- ROOF Runway, an alfresco fashion series held on theWit’s rooftop bar (201 N. State St., 312-239-9501) returns on Thursday, June 19 with a Scotch and Soda runway show at 7 p.m. The show is free and cocktails are available for purchase while you take in looks from the Amsterdam-based brand, which has an outpost in Bucktown.
- Find bargain bins filled with children’s brands (Zutano, Little Traveler, Stella) at The Red Balloon Co.’s (theredballoon.com) Summer Warehouse Sale at 653 W. Armitage Avenue on Thursday, June 19 through Sunday, June 22.
- Renegade Craft Fair (renegadecraft.com) is setting up a Mini Market this weekend in Pilsen. Shop goods from 80 indie makers from noon to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, June 21 and 22. There will also be food, booze, and bocce ball at the fair, located at 2233 South Throop Street. Entrance is free.
- To celebrate the summer solstice on Saturday, June 21, Gold Coast women’s boutique Sofia (100 E Walton St., 312-640-0878, sofialivelovely.com) is holding a storewide 20 percent off sale. Shop the one-day sale in-person or online with code SOLSTICE.
Jewelry designer Alexis Bittar (alexisbittar.com) has opened a second Chicago store at 61 East Oak Street in the Gold Coast, next door to Jimmy Choo. Along with cases filled with Bittar’s fanciful baubles, you’ll find his signature over-the-top taxidermy displays decked out in jewels.Edit Module