Gifts that give back
Portions of the proceeds from items in blue benefit charitable organizations.
1. Birch speakers handcrafted by Ian Schneller of Specimen Products in Humboldt Park
$11,800 for a pair and tube amp, (introductory price $8,000), specimenproducts.com.
2. Aluminum and fiberboard Ping-Pong table designed by Killerspin in the Loop
$4,499, 33 W. Monroe St., killerspin.com.
3. Battery-powered Luke Skywalker’s Landspeeder created by Radio Flyer in Galewood
4. Down jacket with cotton and polyurethane shell designed by Chicago native Virgil Abloh for his label Off-White
5. Steel and maple stool and end table fabricated by Nick Lippert in Humboldt Park
$400, Apartment 528, 2136 W. Chicago Ave., apt528.com.
6. Acrylic on wood painting by Laura Berger of Avondale
7. Tweed blazer designed by Marie Whitney of Two Penny Blue in Lake View
For every blazer sold, Two Penny Blue donates a school uniform to a young girl in Africa. $485, 3738 N. Southport Ave., 2pennyblue.com.
8. Felt porkpie fedora hybrid made by Optimo Hat Company in the Loop
$750, 51 W. Jackson Blvd., optimo.com.
9. Calfskin pumps made in Italy and designed by Kendall Reynolds of Kendall Miles in the South Loop
10. Diamond, tourmaline, and 14-karat gold earrings designed by Dana Gordon of Dana Rebecca Designs in River North
$8,360 for similar style, danarebeccadesigns.com.
11. Pebbled leather convertible bag designed and made by Chelli Look of CHC in Ravenswood
12. Acetate sunglasses made by State Optical Co. in Vernon Hills
13. Handwoven brass necklace with vintage brooch, antique brass horns, and Swarovski crystal daggers designed and made by Christina Bock of Bella Colletta in Avondale
14. Gold quartz, white diamond, and 18-karat gold ring designed by Graziela Kaufman of Graziela Gems in Highland Park
$8,099 for similar, grazielagems.com.
15. Horween leather boots with commando sole designed and made by Oak Street Bootmakers in Gold Coast
$526, Independence, 47 E. Oak St., independence-chicago.com.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago