Gifts that give back
Portions of the proceeds from items in blue benefit charitable organizations.
1. Ceramic planter designed by Plant-Life in the West Loop
$20 (plant not included), Chicago Design Market, 108 N. State St.
2. Milk and dark chocolate bar flights made by Veruca Chocolates in Goose Island
From $18, 1332 N. Halsted St., verucachocolates.com.
3. Silk bow tie designed by Modern Family’s Jesse Tyler Ferguson for the Tie Bar in Lincoln Park
The Tie Bar will donate $20 from each sale to Tie the Knot, which advocates for LGBTQ rights. $25, 918 W. Armitage Ave., thetiebar.com.
4. Quartz earrings made by Mashallah Ghouleh in Pilsen
$28, Mashallah, 1747 S. Halsted St., mashallah.us.
5. Maple ply domino set made by Tree Hopper Toys in Elk Grove Village
6. Dark Matter Coffee body scrub made by Scratch Goods in West Town
$18, 1046 W. Fulton Market, scratchgoods.com.
7. Little Goat cotton and Lycra onesie designed by Stephanie Izard and Monica + Andy in Lincoln Park
$26, 2038 N. Halsted St., monicaandandy.com.
8. Celery root liqueur made by Apologue Spirits in Thornton
9. Ceramic coffee mug designed by Transit Tees in Wicker Park
$12, Transit Tees Wicker Park, 1371 N. Milwaukee Ave., transittees.com.
10. Cell phone case designed by George Zuniga of Pilsen for We Are Lions.
The organization helps people with disabilities make a living as artists. From $27, wearelions.org.
11. Beeswax and ozocerite lip gloss formulated by Claudio Riaz in Streeterville
$30, Barneys New York, 15 E. Oak St., claudioriaz.com.
12. Handmade ornament featuring a print by Danilo Cuevas of Printed Canvas in Buena Park
13. Foraged white pine bitters made by 11th Orchard Bitters in the West Loop
14. Limited-edition cassette of Makaya McCraven’s Highly Rare released by International Anthem in Bridgeport
6 days ago