Gifts that give back
Portions of the proceeds from items in blue benefit charitable organizations.
1. Winter bouquet made by Flowers for Dreams in West Town
The company donates 25 percent of its profits to a different local charity each month. December orders will benefit Blue Sky Bakery, which employs at-risk youth. From $35, flowersfordreams.com.
2. Soy wax candle hand-poured by Dustin Musgrave and Megan Carty of Wolf Bone Candles in the Gold Coast
3. Labradorite and cubic zirconia earrings designed by Cindy Kaiser of La Kaiser in the Loop
$85, 5 S. Wabash Ave., lakaiser.com.
4. Stoneware plates made by Jessica Egan of Little Fire Ceramics in Logan Square
$90 for all three, littlefireceramics.com.
5. Ceramic match strike made by Julia Finlayson of Grandmont Street in Evanston
$52 for similar, Asrai Garden, 1935 W. North Ave., asraigarden.com.
6. Nylon dog collar with nickel-plated hardware made by Mohop in River West
7. Ceramic cup fired by Andrew Jessup in Edgewater
$75, Martha Mae, 5407 N. Clark St., marthamae.info.
8. Reclaimed wood ballpoint pen and touchscreen stylus made by Allegory Handcrafted Goods in Joliet
9. Stainless steel and titanium comb with leather sheath made by Chicago Comb Co. in Garfield Park
From $52, chicagocomb.com.
10. Nylon two-person hammock made by Grand Trunk in Skokie
11. Abandon Planet board game designed by Don Eskridge of Orange Machine Games in Logan Square
12. Moisture-wicking sports bra designed by Powwful in the Loop
13. Satin baseball jacket with the O’My’s band logo designed by OJ Hays in Logan Square
14. Stretch chinos made by Mugsy Jeans in West Town
$98, 1118 W. Fulton Market, mugsyjeans.com.
15. Powder-coated aluminum storage container for LPs designed by Flipbin in River West
17 hours ago
1 week ago
3 weeks ago