Unless you are in the biz, you probably haven’t spent much time in interior designer Kara Mann’s lair—a dark, sophisticated showroom on the lofted fifth floor of a River North office building. Mann, who represents such hard-to-find lines as Casamidy and Blackman Cruz in Chicago, has recently upped her selection of accessories. If you want a touch of her goth sensibility, there’s no better place to start. (Pieces are available by special order through the showroom.)
Kara Mann, 119 W. Hubbard St., 312-893-7592.
1. Blackman Cruz Sisyphus bronze bookends, $1,900
2. Casamidy Altamura wrought-iron pedestal mirror, available in 18- , 20- , and 26-inch diameters; $750 to $1,150
3. Alice Riehl 8-inch porcelain plissé vase, $290
4. Richard Shapiro 72-inch gilded brass Studio easel, $5,850
5. Quadras Assisi 22-inch white-gold-leafed candlesticks, $1,500 each. Also available wired as lamp, including shade, $2,070.