(1) Designer Mario Ruiz’s Tumbona Flat, by Gandia Blasco, with powder-coated aluminum base and polyethylene seat and back; price upon request (delivery in 2009). To order through Orange Skin, 223 W. Erie St., 312-335-1033.
(2) Kingsley-Bate Tiburon chaise of stainless steel, teak, and orange Batyline mesh, $1,100, at Northwest Metalcraft, 413 S. Arlington Heights Rd., Arlington Heights, 847-253-1905.
(3) Avignon teak double chaise, $2,499, with Sunbrella cushions, $560, at Smith & Hawken, 1780 N. Marcey St., 312-266-1988.
(4) Peninsula chaise with teak seat and powder-coated aluminum base, designed by Terry Hunziker for Sutherland, available to interior designers and architects; price upon request. David Sutherland Showroom, 1800 Merchandise Mart, 312-205-7700.
(5) Case Study stainless steel chaise with Sunbrella-upholstered cushions, $1,695, at modernica.net.
(6) Francesco Rota’s three-position Wave chaise with woven-rope upholstery on a steel base, $4,950, at Luminaire, 301 W. Superior St., 312-664-9582.